Seat Cover Options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanK

Reaction score
Just posted this on the US Forum but being an EU option think I may have more luck here - Thinking about getting a seat cover with some colour to suite my 2014 Motorsport. Love the ones with white but realise thats going to be a PITA to keep white/clean so all black.

Luimoto seems to be default option for US riders but I can get an entire BMW Comfort seat for about the same price. Another option is RaceFox on ebay (from Germany) which is half the price. Anyone any thoughts/recommendations on options? Anyone have the racefox?

Racefox - 69 Euros
BMW S1000RR Sitzbezug Bezug Sitzbank ab 2012 Design 1 Racefoxx | eBay
BMW-S1000RR-Sitzbezug-ab-2012-Design-1-ohne-Logo.jpg

$_57.JPG

Luimoto ?120
315-1-1257-l.jpg

Comfort Seat (but its white and Im not finding the OEM seat that bad) ?125
k47_accessories_Sitz_Comf.jpg

While it may not be of any help to your decision making, I got a luimoto cover in the same style as the one you show but had the colours modified to better suit my black bike and the quality is very good and worth the money so I would recommend the luimoto option.
I'm suprised the BMW confort seat is only ?125, is that a genuine BMW seat? does seem cheap but from what I've read raises the seat height by 20mm or so.
You might look at a luimoto cover plus their gold gel insert, bit of work but apparantly worth it though of course more money

Cheers. BMW seat is genuine but now 140 Tho still not too bad. But like you say I think it adds more height and tbh don't find the standard seat that bad anyway.

From looks the Luimoto looks better finish so heading that way me thinks. Will look at gel option you mention but trying to get UK supplier to avoid imports customs etc

Are you planning on swapping the covers yourself? Not sure whats involved and quite fancy the luimoto covers for my HP4.

Cheers. BMW seat is genuine but now 140 Tho still not too bad. But like you say I think it adds more height and tbh don't find the standard seat that bad anyway.

From looks the Luimoto looks better finish so heading that way me thinks. Will look at gel option you mention but trying to get UK supplier to avoid imports customs etc

In the the UK Speedycom are the supplier for Luimoto seat covers - http://www.speedycom.co.uk/shop/home.php?cat=962

Mark at Speedycom was most helpful, it is possible to modify the colours used too, for my black bike I had the stripes on the side changed to red & white and the contrast stitching in double row of red. Does cost more to customise colours but the option is there.

Are you planning on swapping the covers yourself? Not sure whats involved and quite fancy the luimoto covers for my HP4.

It's a pretty straight forward job really. You can leave the original seat cover on and just put the new cover over it. You will need a staple gun, preferably an air operated one (just so much easier than a hand type). There are videos on the Luimoto website on how to do the job, just take a bit of time over it is my advice well worth it in my opinion, I really didn't like the standard vinyl cover, something weird with the texture but that's probably just me !!

I think I have s pneumatic stapler/nail gun I bought from Lidls but never used hidding in the attic so off to search. Have query with Speedy at moment to see what they have in stock. Like the white cf edge on the Motorsport seat and wondering if that will not be as bad to kep clean due to finish (and whether an all black seat doesn't look better anyway as have cf illi side panels fitted)

Ordered the black Luimoto seat. Now should I remove the old seat cover or not. Said it was up to me..

Ordered the black Luimoto seat. Now should I remove the old seat cover or not. Said it was up to me..

I left my original seat cover on. The Luimoto cover will come with a sheet of thin pink (anti-static I think) plastic which the instructions say you should glue to the seat foam if the oem seat cover is removed, this stops water that gets trough the luimoto cover soaking into the seat foam.
If the original seat cover is left on it will do the same job.
It is worth taking your time to stretch the luimoto cover over the seat, you'll need to use some spring finger clamps to hold it in place while you stretch it over the seat, I went around mine a few times before I was happy with the fit, easy enough but don't rush it.

Cheers. Gonna tackle it tonight as arrived already. The pink stuff I hought was packaging and about to throw it out lol. Sounds like I'll be best just leaving old cover in place.

Only found 1 dog clip thou :(

Balls. My staple gun is 13mm staples min. Need to use 6mm staples for this :(.

Local upholsterer will be getting some Xmas money I guess

Just bought my rear seat so going to get front and rear covers but will need to be done for me...no staple gun and no point in buying one for one job...

Latest posts

Back