Screen for touring?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidmccord

Reaction score
Anyone got any experience with different screens? Off to Germany soon and the screen I have fitted I believe to be the BMW dark tint option without any extra height. It looks exactly the same as the clear one I was given as the spare. I want something to try and reduce the wind bashing on my trip. Bearing in mind I'll have the tank bag fitted so won't be able to tuck down much. I like the look of the MRA one as it looks quite tall from the pictures. There's all the other usual double bubbles too from puig, power bronze etc. Any recommendations guys. Thanks in advance. Dave

I had my test run on an s1k with the standard screen and felt that the buffeting was catching my chin and pushing my head up. I bought my bike with the BMW larger tinted screen and it has done the job of moving the air on to the top of my lid.

You know, I've got the MRA double (2012), and I find that it creates noise. I have to leave my head in the airstream to reduce the noise which is counter intuitive. If I duck fully behind it seems to boom. Halfway in it rings in the helmet. It's not a major issue but I find my natural position on the bike is half in/out so I think, what I'm saying is...I may try the stocker again.

It also depends on how tall you are, I'm 6ft and when I had my 2013 RR I fitted an MRA db screen as I found the std screen unbearable for any distance on the motorway, that made a big improvement. Funnily enough I don't have any problems with the std screen on my '15 bike

Last edited:
bananaman, I may be interested in the screen if David doesnt have it? or if anyone else has the taller screen? after riding out on Monday in the Wind/Rain its apparent the wind flow hits me right around the neck.

I have a Spare tinted MRA screen.
I'm 6"2 and I think I need a bigger screen. Planning a 700 miles day trip later in the year and would like something bigger.

I'd jump on this one Iain. Bananaman has sorted me out. Have you found any screens about that are bigger Jim? I was looking to see which looked the tallest and came to the conclusion that MRA was the one. Other than the TT version of course.

I have a Puig Screen works well looks good. If you really want to improve comfort for touring get a set of Helibars they really do make a massive difference for long distance riding

Latest posts

Back