Save Matlock Bath Ride

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might, I grew up around there and still ride over regularly but if the weathers good I'm not going to waste the day sitting in a load of traffic in Matlock Bath.. My understanding is that the 50p an hour parking charge for bikes is designed to put everyone off so they can turn the place into some kind of Spa town? Well its good to have dreams but the only reason anyone goes there is to look at the bikes!! There are so many better places in the Peak District to park up and have a wander about, the people who'll really suffer are all the cafes there everyone drops into for a brew etc when they're on their bikes.

The Mrs and I took a spin over to say hello to my Mum today, stopped off in Matlock Bath on the way back (2.30ish), quite a few bikes still down there, at least a hundred, lots of Police in cars and vans in and around the area but the protesting was obviously over as they were packing away the pa. Unfortunately there was the usual smattering of twats with ultra loud exhausts re-enforcing the perception that bikes are anti social... Good day for a spin though despite the odd slimy road and a touch of sleet (not used to this down here in the tropical South!), why are there so many people on bikes who don't filter in traffic? Never get that... A pic of delightful Matlock Bath today for those who haven't been there....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back