Sargent seat disappointing

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richy170

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I received my Sargent seat for my 2015 model and i am left very disappointed with the fit. These are supposed to be a direct replacement for OEM. Hopefully you can see from the pictures that the seat flares hugely at the back and does not follow the contours of the bike. The OEM is much narrower here. It looks like an old American car with huge wings sticking out. Unfortunately its pissing down today so i have had to take these photos indoors.

Has anyone got one of these, 2015 or other. Were the pre 2015 bikes wider at the rear.

Attachments

• IMG_0005_zpsopkshitu.jpg
    IMG_0005_zpsopkshitu.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 7273572a-7c78-4315-a2cb-3e08b57a4960_zpsw9ufge7o.jpg
    7273572a-7c78-4315-a2cb-3e08b57a4960_zpsw9ufge7o.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0001_zpssdg7w8d4.jpg
    IMG_0001_zpssdg7w8d4.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 82
I have a Sargent seat on my HP4 and it looks nothing like that monstrosity, I can fully appreciate how disappointed you must be.

Jesus! ...that can't be right Richy??! :disturbed:

Unfortunately Sargent contact number states nobody is available until next Tuesday. Having checked the website it clearly looks like I have been sent the wrong model. Their website is also not clear as it lists a seat for 2010 on; however if you don't check the other options thinking you have the right one you will miss the other option for 2012 models onwards.

Unfortunately Sargent contact number states nobody is available until next Tuesday. Having checked the website it clearly looks like I have been sent the wrong model. Their website is also not clear as it lists a seat for 2010 on; however if you don't check the other options thinking you have the right one you will miss the other option for 2012 models onwards.

All I can add is that the seat you should have is very good and looks great on the bike, so kinda worth the messing about for when you get it sorted, which I hope you do soon fella.

I think they may have pinched the idea from me, perhaps on the 17th at Snetterton, Soof could take a picture of mine and post it for me, could save a lot of folks a lot of money!!! what say you Baz?
It's amazing what you can do wiv a staple pick and bread nife!

I think they may have pinched the idea from me, perhaps on the 17th at Snetterton, Soof could take a picture of mine and post it for me, could save a lot of folks a lot of money!!! what say you Baz?
It's amazing what you can do wiv a staple pick and bread nife!

I'm game, no probs on doing that Robert. although I have already gone to the dark side with a Sargent seat on my bike, but won't be using it for Snet, it's a little too comfy to get my backside off it!

Back