S1000rr whitout Dws (alarm)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can you retrofit bmw orginal DWS alarm?
I have Bmw s1000rr from 2012 without org alarm, then I saw on eBay that you can buy org alarm and install, Will IT work ?

You need to have a dealer fit the alarm if it was not fitted at factory as the ecu will need to know about it :).

If you are getting an alarm fitted I'd recommend getting a Thacham approved 3rd party one. The BMW oem one is not Thatcham approved so insurers don't give as big reduction in premium. The oem one is not very loud compared to some aftermarket ones.

PS above about Thatcham/insurance applies to U.K.

Last edited:
Hi Jugge. Thatcham is the UK approval body for security products: Alarms, chains, trackers etc. UK Insurers give discounts for using Thatcham approved security devices. If you are not in UK then this doesn't apply.
The BMW alarm is not Thatcham approved because BMW haven't submitted it to Thatcham for approval
The BMW oem alarm is actually made by Meta. The oem Meta on my BMW is much less loud than an aftermarket Meta I had on a GSXR.

Im in Sweden , so Thatcham in not for me.
Oem is plug n play + activate in Bmw shop ?! IT sems easy ����

Latest posts

Back