S1000rr two stroke?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chorsley

Reaction score
to date my bike has consumed around 900 mls of Oil in 2800 miles anybody else have high oil consumption? it going in for its first annual service in a week or two and will take it up with them.

likewise to above really. I'm changing my oil every 6-9 months depending on miles but never noticed a significant drop.

It does not seem to leak anywhere so it must be burning it rings or valve stem oil seals i cant see any other way it can be buring it

Last edited:
There will probably a tolerance that's acceptable. Not sure if that would be inside it - worth asking BMW UK customer care before hearing what the dealer says.

It's not pissing through it, but clearly it's not normal either. I think the question would be has it done it from new (are you first owner and is that 2800 miles all it's done) or is it increasing? If it's increasing, its definitely a growing problem and not just a characteristic of your particular engine.

I've done 7k on my 2012 and used around 1.5ltr. I do find it uses more on a track day or thrashing round Europe than to does traveling to work but that's hardly surprising.

I used to have Fireblade's so I don't think the oil consumption is that bad. I also had a Blackbird for 5 years and a VFR1200 for the last three and neither used a drop between services. I just need to remember to pack oil when I go abroad on the S1K

Allan

Back