S1000RR Sport Stock Tyres.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuOnTwo

Reaction score
Hi Peeps Looks like I have Stock Tired on this BMW I picked up, Pirelli Super Corsa's?

Question I have is what kinda mileage do you get of yours? Do you even run them?

It'd be handy to know aswell specifically the exact tyre model as I don't see it on the wall..... or can't make it out, anyone know where I can buy these from when I need to get a new front a rear?

Many Thanks

Stu

The SCs are generally available from any tyre fitter, my local stocks them.

im around 3k miles on mine and they will need changing soon, but I'm not the kind of rider who pins the throttle fully open at every straight, I prefer the bends, so the wear is fairly even. Think if I rode it like a muppet they might last 2k at best before the middle went off, maybe less.

shit in the wet based on my experience. Best sport / dry tyre I have used.

My SC's were down to the canvas after 1900 miles, that was including the 600 mile run in period.. Great tire in all weathers i found, but not much life in them.

600miles run in.... Jeez! Why so long?

That's the norm until the first service.. Restricted to 8000 RPM until then. Point is, had i been on full power for the whole time then the tyre wouldn't of even lasted 1900 miles.

Ahhhh. Thought you meant you'd run the tyres in for 600miles. Couldn't think of anything worse. Max is 100miles for me. Although when you think about it, running the tyres in makes no sense, because you can't run the sides in until you lean over, in which case you on the new rubber again...

At least you don't have the Bridgestones.

Conti and Pirelli stock options are superior IMO.

I have a set on mine so I'll keep you posted up to know I've done a couple hundred mile and 1 track day, I've not really properly looked how much they wore on Monday but obviously They have a bit more wear on the edges than the centre, as mentioned if your only fast in a straight line or ride long straights then there going to wear out in centre pretty fast, I don't think there a good wet tire at all but again it depends on how your riding, personally I try to avoid any rain as I really don't get any enjoyment out of wet riding, as for tyre model/specs and for what you have got they come in sc1 and sc2 (special compound)which are soft race spec tyres, won't last to long on road and will have to ride a bit harder to keep them warm and prob won't tolerate many heat cycles, road spec tyres include bsb and sp, sp is a rebranded newer version of bsb, I currently have a set of bsb on mine (don't be fooled by name it's just a marketing thing) I imagine yours may well be the sp version there not a bad tyre and essential the same as Metz k3s, you should be to identify them on side wall somewhere, I'm sure the sc1 and sc2 are marked up on side wall, bsb certainly have the logo on sidewall, if not I imagine they are the sp version, essentially I think these are more or less the same as Metz k3s

as for running tyres or scrubbing them in I don't think this is essentially as important as it used to be years ago, if you go to track you will see lads go for it from the off with new tyres, and the best tyre is a new tyre, I think modern technology has moved on and majority of suppliers don't use any kind of release agents to ease tyres from moulds anymore like they used too, don't get me wrong I expect there still some kind of oils and silica etc present in a new tyre, I think it's prob more appropriate to get some heat in it.

I have a set on mine so I'll keep you posted up to know I've done a couple hundred mile and 1 track day, I've not really properly looked how much they wore on Monday but obviously They have a bit more wear on the edges than the centre, as mentioned if your only fast in a straight line or ride long straights then there going to wear out in centre pretty fast, I don't think there a good wet tire at all but again it depends on how your riding, personally I try to avoid any rain as I really don't get any enjoyment out of wet riding, as for tyre model/specs and for what you have got they come in sc1 and sc2 (special compound)which are soft race spec tyres, won't last to long on road and will have to ride a bit harder to keep them warm and prob won't tolerate many heat cycles, road spec tyres include bsb and sp, sp is a rebranded newer version of bsb, I currently have a set of bsb on mine (don't be fooled by name it's just a marketing thing) I imagine yours may well be the sp version there not a bad tyre and essential the same as Metz k3s, you should be to identify them on side wall somewhere, I'm sure the sc1 and sc2 are marked up on side wall, bsb certainly have the logo on sidewall, if not I imagine they are the sp version, essentially I think these are more or less the same as Metz k3s

If your doing track time then your not going to provide anywhere near a true reflection of the mileage he is looking for... The SP is more like a cut slick than a true road tyre so obviously it isn't the ideal wet tyre, but in my experience it handles plenty well enough in all conditions, backed up of course by the electronics during more adverse conditions.

It goes with out saying, getting heat into the tyre is important and if you go banzai when its pissing down the tyre is going to struggle as would anything other than a tyre designed specifically for those conditions.

As previously mentioned my SP lasted 1900 miles and wore evenly from centre to the edges. That was including the run in period, so you can probably expect about 200 miles less life if it had been on full power from the start.

Last edited:
Back