S1000RR Project

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More parts.

More parts from Alpha Racing in Germany. Iv got the latest style 2012 tail unit with integral seat and tank cover being deliverd this week. They have a great turn around time. 4 day turn around.

Also purchased a new Ohlins steering damper. Again, should be getting deliverd this week.

Fitted the Billet filler cap. Didn't realise it was an Alpha Racing copy from china. Looks good but the quality just isn't there. It's good enough though.

The wheels have been dropped off for paint. Hopefully get them back this weekend coming.

More pics when I have them

Ohlins damper turned up yesterday. Came without a fitting kit and after checking the series number, it turns out it was for a Ducati.

Now sent back to the seller for a full refund. Typical eBay

Hopper link=topic=1820.msg16919#msg16919 date=1354780988 said:
Ohlins damper turned up yesterday. Came without a fitting kit and after checking the series number, it turns out it was for a Ducati.

Now sent back to the seller for a full refund. Typical eBay

My ducati one fitted a treat.

When I fitted the damper (whith out the fitting kit) it was fouling the air intake scoop and not sitting correctly. I'm gonna order a new one.

Any way, got Some Alpha Racing goodies sent through toady. This included 2012 race tail piece, seat pad and tank cover. They sent me out the 875mm seat pad and after fitting it, I'm sitting just a fraction too high up for my liking. I'll be sending the seat pad back and asking for the 850mm one.

353F4FB8-24C4-4A6F-A1AE-975EEF028EAD-445-0000002A2D0F8204.jpg

Not the best pic.

2012 tail a direct fit? Haven't decided if I still prefer the older tail over the new one as yet... ???

Cool, how do you find the fit/finish of the alpha fairings?

The Alpha fairings are by far the best fairings for fit. They are expensive but you get what you pay for. The turn around from Germany is around 6 days, so not too bad.

Iv had CRC Fairings for the BM, they were terrible. They kept sending me out replacements but all kits set were crap. Got a full refund in the end.

Got my wheels back from paint. Really happy with the way they have turned out. Just went for gloss black. Nothing fancy.

57A0016E-9C07-4F05-9D26-B835825A3EA7-826-0000008D3CEFAFE3.jpg

Should be getting my frame protectors deliverd this week along with a Titanium Arrow can.

Ill have the Termignoni up for sale as soon as the Arrow has turned up.

Bikes now back from The dealer with the new engine. Also got the track fairings back from paint. Just a few decals to apply and she's ready to go.

04239865-34FE-4FAD-84A0-1A329ECDC6E6-629-000000657A6F6E6F.jpg

3F3417D2-D242-4CB4-8FEF-CEFDDBF642DA-629-0000006574599773.jpg

Anyway. Got the road fairings back on and started running in the new engine. Covered just over 100 miles today. 500 to go. Next instructor date is April 17th at Snetterton 300.Fingers crossed ill have it all run in by then.
a8c4ed38ba2b91edf97044e63c1e6fed.jpg

I'm going to be keeping it I think. It's practically a brand new bike and I think ill be silly to sell it. You never know, I could end up buying another bike with a duff engine/gearbox.

Were you in Almeria last week ?

Was that gear shift between 4th and 5th ?

Bike looks awesome in its new clothes Hopper!

Are you an instructor at Snetterton?? Im very keen to do Snett 300 on the BMW - would be good to do one when you are also going to be there.

Thanks Hoops.

I'm a Track Day Instructor for Easy Track track days. I instruct at all UK circuits, but spend most my time between Brands,Snett,Cadwell. Come along to one of our days, come say hi, we will go out for a few sessions

Back