S1000rr Newbie, NW London

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

R41nD0g

Hi,
Recently bought a 2010 Motorsport from a colleague at work after a 4 year lay off due to kids and travel with work etc. not giving me enough time to ride. Still not got enough time to ride but was going spare without a bike so jumped at the chance. Been riding bikes 25+ years and previous bike was a K6 GSX-R1000 (was on GixerJunkes forum if there are any escapees from there on here ...)

So far only fitted Heli Bars as my wrists were absolutely killing me - dunno whether it's the long lay off (or my age :)) or if it's down to the bike, but it was spoiling the whole thing enough for me to want to get rid of it. Much improved with the Tracstar's on so going to put some miles on over what's left of summer and see what's what. That engine is a gem, if a bit weak low down - so expect the tools will come out and sprockets will be changed and possibly fit a QA throttle too. Brakes are fantastic - always a weak point on the K6 - good to know that Brembo's are actually decent kit and not just shiny bling for the posers :)

Slainte!

welcome aboard
the helibars were easily the best thing i ever bought for the bike , and i bought fucking lots :)

Cheers, good to know it's not just me on the helibars :)
I bought the bike on the grounds that "I wouldn't have to do anything to it love, look it's covered in goodies already..." ... I even believed it myself at first :)

Back