RR from Leeds

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now then

Sorry about the above post, can't find how to edit it.

Anyway, picked up a 10 plate RR with 670 miles on it 2 weeks ago.
Came with Full Akra exhausts & some carbon parts!!!

Taken it round Cadwell, think i'll be keeping it for a track bike

I'll add some pics when i figure it out.

All the best

Ey up fatbob!
Why's Oulton better, i hear it's a faster track.
I'm not too good with straight line speed, had 600's passing me at cadwell!!

Don't seem to accelerate all the way, met with ekdg (thanks for the natter) and i reckon a quick action throttle may help.

All the best

Wider , faster more technical easier to pass and be passed
Altogether more fun will be had and you will be passed by cb500 twins so its only as fast as you like
Very forgiving and recticel barriers at fast runs offs

Last edited:
sounds nice cheers.

I spoke to a bloke today about a mod on the 2010 bikes done by fitting 2012 yokes to reduce the trail on the bike making it sit tighter in corners, something bmw did to the bike after listening to lads racing the 2010 - 2011 bikes.

You heard anything like this???

Thanks

yeah hong kong phooey did it last year i think.
he said it made a difference , some people turn the spacer on the rear shock to change the ride height so it turns in quicker.
Makes it a bit flighty for me and can adjust my ride height on my rear shock anyway if i wanted to .
have a look around theres lots of posts about it somewhere

Makes it a bit flighty for me and can adjust my ride height on my rear shock anyway if i wanted to .

Do you mean changing the preload on the shock? Ride height is only a secondary effect of altering this - the real reason is to set up static sag, so the shock is working in the correct range. If you're using it as a ride height adjuster, you're probably not getting the right preload on the shock. Shock mounts should always be altered if all you're looking for is a ride height change, static sag is what you alter with the shock preload collar.

Latest posts

Back