Rosberg Retirement

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm stunned but when you think about it, he deserved 1 title for the wins over the last 3 years. No one should deny him that. But, this might be the end of the Merc domination and Lewis won't give him such a head start again...so really what would he gain from racing another season?

He's achieved his goal and he is satisfied. He gets to be a Dad properly, no stress. It's a good decision IMO as I cannot see him making it to 2 WDC's...so then what's the point. I wonder if he would have quit anyway...

Getting to the top is one thing , having the resolve to stay there was obviously lacking

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don't watch Formula 1 , I do know who he is though and the shenanigans between him and Lewis. He's done pretty much the same as Casey Stoner did , retired at the top of there games at a young age. Must be some feeling to walk away with all your faculties intact and a multi millionaire.

He's not wired right. Anybody in their right mind would want to win again, that's what makes a human being competitive. It's only when you get to my age there's very little red mist... :biggrin-new:

Don't watch Formula 1 , I do know who he is though and the shenanigans between him and Lewis. He's done pretty much the same as Casey Stoner did , retired at the top of there games at a young age. Must be some feeling to walk away with all your faculties intact and a multi millionaire.

How can he be at the top of his game on 1 win? At the top means multiple. Don't get me wrong, he's bloody good but just one? He's stressing that he can't do it again. Think of all the competitors that are 'nearly guys' , should they give up?

Last edited:
How can he be at the top of his game on 1 win? At the top means multiple. Don't get me wrong, he's bloody good but just one? He's stressing that he can't do it again. Think of all the competitors that are 'nearly guys' , should they give up?

I think Beavis means walking away as current World Champion, much better to do that try in vain to recreate the title, or worse lose your life when you have achieved your goal.
Like a lot of ex champion boxers chasing what they were rather than retiring undefeated, can understand though with the money involved.

JimmyMac

I think its done him in winning the title after so many years of trying and he knows he doesn't have it in him to do it again, lots of money, young family, I can see why he's done it, I suspect he's had it planned for some time.

I think the guy just wants to spend time with his family. Refreshing to see values put in the correct order of importance (IMO). :)

the guys achieved his goal and happy to walk away, fair play tbh

He is on the top of his game as he's world champion, that's the top step is it not ?

I was always told never to make big descions when emotions are high. He says himself he thought about it for 24 hrs (the day after an emotional day). I think he may regret it down the line.
Not taking anything away from what he acheived this year but lets be honest that car was soooo far ahead of its competitors there was only 2 people who could have one the championship this year anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The only reason he won, was that Lewis had 3 engine 'failures'.

He knows he could not have beaten Lewis under any other circumstance.

I don't blame him for retiring, he would never have won it again.

The only reason he won, was that Lewis had 3 engine 'failures'.

He knows he could not have beaten Lewis under any other circumstance.

I don't blame him for retiring, he would never have won it again.

He was a match for Hamilton in qualifying and races plenty of times. I'd say Rosberg was sharper mentally as well. It wasn't only mechanical failures that cost Hamilton his title, his starts let him down too.

Back