Best time to get out on the road

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mellorp23

Reaction score
Took the Gen3 for a spin Sunday afternoon. Was probably the worst thing to do. Cars everywhere, A roads clogged, B roads full of cyclists, dual carriageways full of caravans. I gave up and came home. I could have gone for a ride on a CG125 and kept the same pace

I normally take a trip out during the week before 4pm. OK I'm retired but the roads are so much quieter.

So how do forum members get out and about and actually use their bikes performance. The using the performance being the key to the question, or do I buy a CG125

Tend not to ride in the afternoons on the weekends as the traffic gets too heavy. Sunday morning is best for clear roads. It's a pain that nice sunny afternoons draws out the cars, and dogs and bikes and scooters....

It has to be either early in the morning or later in the day if you want some fun or at least a reduced amount of traffic to contend with.

I tend to only use the bike for commuting and going to work is the best time for me as I usually meet or am held up by 0 vehicles.

Different story on the way home though.

Just as it's coming light in the morning - out for a few hours and home by 8ish.

Latest posts

Back