Road Tyre Pressures??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running recommended pressures I got 3k out of conti from new last September, and only switched to k3 due to a puncture (end of feb), it had at least another 1000 in it.
i have had just over 1000 miles out of the k3 and its toast, switching back to contis

I don't blame you fella. im no tyre expert but I think the new conti sport attack 2 is a good tyre and id buy another when the time comes no problem

I have been running the BT16 which came with the bike 34/36, and have put 4k on with about 2k left on them.
Will be trying out PR3's when these are toast.

Tyres are so subjective, I test road the s1k with contis on, my bike came with them, and the K3's were just alien to me, not bad but very different.
the only factual info I can give is that the contis definitely warm up much quicker (on road )

Bear in mind that pressures change with riding. Even on a cool day, a track session will add at least 3psi to each tyre, so if you're checking pressures throughout the day, don't be surprised if there is fluctuation.

Play around with it mate, i run K3's 32 F&R on the road but doesn't mean it will be right for you, i ran them both about 36 when i swapped to these tyres but found i preferred them lower. It all depends on how you ride, what your suspension is set at and what type of feel you like. No manual, instructions or advice from anyone of us will be able to tell you that. Take a foot pump down to your favorite set of bends and have a play about with it dude! Don't do what i did tho and take ur Mrs out on the back after a trackday and forget to blow em up, a little difficult to turn in shall we say ;-)

I was just out checking the pressure in my tires. I couldn't for the likes of me figure out why I would set my rear tire to 42 psi. After seeing this thread, I realized that I had my bike serviced Saturday and they must have did it.

Wild Pete, did you get your bike serviced at BMW in Norwich? I spoke to them a few times when looking for a new bike and they were less than helpful, not impressed with their service. What was your experience like? i was worried about using them as they are by far the nearest dealer to me. I suppose at least it looks like they did do a proper service.

Latest posts

Back