ride height, swingarm pivot adjustments?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok i see.

Yes i have a BT handheld loaded with stage one flash for m1k, but have not flashed it yet for a few reasons.

1. waiting for go pro chin mount for helmet to do before and after video of flash, going to start vlogging.
2.Would like to wait until at least 2500 miles in case any potential serious warranty issues arise.
3. am still scared to death of flashing this thing, not trying to blow a $15k motor, as compared to my K67, $7k motor....

I just installed brembos new Corsa Corta RR 19 master cyl. on my K67. on that bike i had installed brembo gp4-rx calipers but left the OEM 17 Master. and it had NO braking power. This new master is incredible. Same thing as the regular corsa corta, with a billet finish, and different, better lever. FLASHIER! lol....

Im going to install 520 chain.sprockets on my m1k soon.

I actually dropped my m1k while at a gas station like a complete idiot. Thought the side stand was down and it wasn't....

The wing got the most of it, but only on the bottom corner, cant even notice,
peg is bent, minor scuffs on inner edge of fairing. If i didnn't have frame sliders, it would of been way worse. Majority of the fall hit the sliders, and wing. And i knew if i had ever dropped it or crashed that the wing was going to get the worst of it. o well. They dont stay perfect forever....

I did find good replacement pegs for OEM Gilles rearsets....

https://www.motodracing.com/bonamic...J_Jji2g1MNWnGzn8xD41HYrMHELKy2YBoCoSAQAvD_BwE

I found out about these from a youtuber with the new m1k.

They do make a cool adodized blue outer piece for the peg too. You want the non threaded version.
Do you have the part # for the correct foot pegs?

at 19:07 he talks about the pegs.....

They DO NOT sell the OEM pegs separately that come with the GIlles OEM rearsets.....VERY STUPID......you have to pay $800 for a whole new side. lol.

Theres a video of this same guy showing his angst towards how they dont sell the OEM pegs alone.

I posted a link with the footpegs that will work with the m1000rr.

If you need more assurance, ask this youtuber....

Also alpha sells them too https://hhrperformance.com/i-316452...z8L_C9ffkZK3xttHVC1fXYQniyQbxXehoC2vsQAvD_BwE

I have a 2024 BMW M1000rr and i also have a 2012 BMW S1000rr with 40k miles that i have tracked quite a lot!

Both bikes did not have a 'great handling feel' stock and both benefitted from dropping the front triple tree 5mm, it improved 'turn in'.

The M1000rr is waaay too hard for my 155 lbs weight and i had to lower both front / rear suspension settings to their lowest levels ..... at 4.5k miles it is finally getting more compliant and i am at #3 compression on front and rear, with cold tire pressure at 37 psi f/r and she handles well, up to 59 degrees of lean so far!

I have new Ohlins f/r to install, as the oem suspension is quite limited!
Went for a long ride today through canyons and really analyzed handling on m1000. I lack confidence on 'turn in' on sharp corners.....long sweeping corners, not to much of a problem.....but its seems like the front doesn't want to turn in that well. I did lower the eccentric rear strut to -2. It was -1 from factory which made the rear feel jacked up. And no it wasn't the OEM seat, i replaced that within the first 20 miles with a stock k 67 seat. The OEM m1k seat is way to high for someone 5"8 like me.

I really think raising the forks 5mm would be the answer. Waiting for my peg stands so i can get the front off the ground and relieved.

Never raised forks on any bike before......basically, loosen upper and lower clamps very slowly until i can start twisting the fork upwards?

Went for a long ride today through canyons and really analyzed handling on m1000. I lack confidence on 'turn in' on sharp corners.....long sweeping corners, not to much of a problem.....but its seems like the front doesn't want to turn in that well. I did lower the eccentric rear strut to -2. It was -1 from factory which made the rear feel jacked up. And no it wasn't the OEM seat, i replaced that within the first 20 miles with a stock k 67 seat. The OEM m1k seat is way to high for someone 5"8 like me.

I really think raising the forks 5mm would be the answer. Waiting for my peg stands so i can get the front off the ground and relieved.

Never raised forks on any bike before......basically, loosen upper and lower clamps very slowly until i can start twisting the fork upwards?
You need your front stand under the head stock to get the front wheel off the ground, i loosen the bolts (little by little), then place something under the front tire, like a wedge, then apply the front brake and gently push on the bars, while sitting on the bike and slowly lower the triple tree .... you always have one of the lower triple tree bolts that is tough to access with the firing, so fairing removal will help the process!

If you go too far, remove the wedge and use a rubber mallet on the top of the forks.

You can also try a 200/60-17 to raise the rear of the bike!

The only current front stand i have is the pitbull one that goes under the fork lowers and raises the front tire off of ground about 2-3 inches....i need the one that goes between the top of front fender and in back of lights kind of ? in that space (dont know what the location/part is called)

You need the one that goes under the steering head, Pit Bull Sells it and make sure you get the correct pin for the 2024 M1000rr!

Do NOT raise the bike under the forks, or as soon as you loosen the triple tree bolts the whole front of the bike will drop and probably fall off any stand you have!

If you are not sure how to do this watch YouTube videos!

... go to Home Depot and buy a '4 foot steel bar' and slide it into the end of the Pit Bull stand to save your back when you life the front of the bike ... she is heavy!

Latest posts

Back