RH Bank Angle not working

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mibridger

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
At Donington Park last weekend, I noticed that my Right Hand bank angle is displaying 0 degrees.

I went out and did 2 more sessions and still showing 0 degrees.

Anyone else had this ?

I just checked the manual, it's not a separate setting for each side, either the display is ON or OFF

I guess I need to call the dealer and book it in for a check.

The bank angle sensor is also used for other things like rider mode settings.

There was a guy in my pit garage whose clocks didn't show the DTC graph.It's obviously a common problem!

Have a moan at the dealers!

you should defo get this checked out asap....as Marzy says, the lean angle sensor dictates how the traction control intervenes when the bike is leaned over so you obviously wanna make sure that's working correctly! I'd like to assume that the software has back up plan for a sensor failure, but better safe than sorry! ;) Let us know how you get on? Cheers

Yes, well my bike is in Spain now, I'm going to Almeria tomorrow for Thursday - Sunday.

I will call the dealer today and ask them to book it in for when I am back.

I did 2 more sessions after I noticed it and did not appear to be any problem.

Just thinking, if you did not have the bank angle display set to on, how would you know if there had been a failure ?

I would say the problem is with the display,not the sensor otherwise the dtc/abs/ddc would show up as not working(unless it's only working on one side!!).

Yes, I thought the same.

I have called it in to my dealer who promised to raise a Tech bulletin to BMW, will wait to see what they say.

I will probably turn off the bank angle display and forget about it when I get to Almeria tomorrow.

See you in Almeria tomorrow Mark. The s1000's are in the Sun next to the Mediterranean tomorrow. Can't wait tbh. I'll send some photo's back.

have fun guys! :) ...not at all jealous honest! :heart-borken:

Back