Recommendations on race schools?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanRR

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Mrs has said she will get me some professional training for my birthday!!!

So can anyone recommend a race school near Norfolk? One of those types of places where you use their bikes and their leathers and get proper track training... You know what I mean... Proper good stuff!

Let me know, cheers in advance!

Dan

I just done level one CSS at silverstone. Almost everybody used their own bike, great day, going to try and squeeze in level 2 this year, expensive but worth it, you think a lot harder when it's your own bike

'Scared' was the wrong word, I meant I wouldn't want to wreak it trying to hard

Nah your panting it alright :p all the signs are there lol. What's bothering you?

Well I want to go to a race school to get better and faster at riding and have confidence for track days, just don't want to get it wrong and smash up my bike

There's no pressure to go fast at CSS. You're encouraged to take things at your own pace, in the sessions your instructor joins you, gives you tips then peals off again to observe. I had the same apprehension.

There's no pressure to go fast at CSS. You're encouraged to take things at your own pace, in the sessions your instructor joins you, gives you tips then peals off again to observe. I had the same apprehension.

Sounds pretty good then

Has anyone got a link to their website? So I get the right place?

Just been on the site, heard of this place before!

Will pass on the link to the mrs ;-)

Cheers

I did the Chris walker school a couple of weeks ago, chiefly becaus ei wanted to use someone else's bike first time on track. I was amazed that 2/3 people binned it on the first couple of warm up laps (no push from anyone at CWRS to go quickly), and it validated my desire to use someone else's bike. Happily, I gave mine back exactly as I found it, and with a pretty reasonable lap time. More importantly, I think I learned a lot. I think I'd be happier to use my own bike in the future. Having said that CWRS also do an second stage with more time with the instructor, and I'm by tempted to do that before going out on my own bike. As such I suspect I'll do CWRS pt 2 and then maybe CSS.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has done CWRS and CSS what they think the differences are, as CSS is quite a lot more. CSS is a whole day, £399 own bike (plus £250 for R6 hire bike if you don't want to use yours), CWRS is £349 for a half day, with Ninja 600 and any clothing you need included).

Last edited:
CWRS £349 for half day.
CSS £649 for full day (inc £250 for bike hire which you would get cheaper hiring from somewhere else.

CSS is not double the price, but double the time and you will learn much more than twice the amount. No brainer imho.

Spike Edwards will end up costing a lot more than CSS. Believe me I've priced him up.
Him or a guy called Nemomoto are supposed to be good though.

CWRS £349 for half day.
CSS £649 for full day (inc £250 for bike hire which you would get cheaper hiring from somewhere else.

CSS is not double the price, but double the time and you will learn much more than twice the amount. No brainer imho.

Spike Edwards will end up costing a lot more than CSS. Believe me I've priced him up.
Him or a guy called Nemomoto are supposed to be good though.

I believe Nemo is ex css instructor

Pal of mine who races took 5 seconds out of oulton and learnt a shit load from spike
For about £650 you get one on one with video analysis and its kind of set up for learning to race....he swears by him , and I couldn't get anywhere near him since he went on it

I never said spike was no good, in fact I believe the opposite, just a tad expansive for first lessons on track.

Couple of weeks ago, I went to the Ron Haslam Race School at Donington Park. Had a great day (well half-day) and a perfect introduction for me to track riding.

You use their bikes (2013 CBR600RRs), Arai helmets and leathers (if you wish). 2 to 1 instruction, and several 20 minute sessions with advise and guidance inbetween from the instructors. Had BSB Superstock rider, Kyle Wilks taking me and another guy round. We rode at our pace, which I'm happy to say got quicker inbetween sessions.

Got it last October as a Birthday present, and I think it was about £250(isn) all in? I would certainly recommend it to anybody new to track riding.

Latest posts

Back