Rear Wheel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malky

Reaction score
After all the discussion about free play in the rear wheel, decided to take mine off for the first time, have a poke about, give it a good grease and refit. The usual difficulties ensued when doing this as is the case with bikes, it's comparable with bouncing up and down on a space hopper whilst trying to eat your tea :(
I had made a small ramp from scrap wood for my fireblade to rest the wheel on when removing/refitting but was the wrong height for the BM.
I remember seeing a gadget that did this job in one of the parts suppliers brochures you get free in the mags, but I've hunted the internet and can't find it. It looked like a sloped chock which fitted under the wheel.
Has anyone seen this as well and can point me in right direction or was I just imagining it (could be my age)
By the way, after refitting very little free play in cush drive although I have seen snugger fits when it comes to these, certainly on my R1.
Cheers folks

Latest posts

Back