Rear wheel brake disc

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Galfer is the only aftermarket discs I've used,fitted one to every bike I've owned and has improved feel and performance in rear brake and looks better.
Brembo would be another option but I'd advise against the Chinese stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rear Brake Disc

I personally wouldn't bother changing it as there is absolutely nothing wrong with the OEM Brembo rear brake disc. That and your unlikely to feel any difference in terms of braking performance.

Thanks for reply , yes nothing wrong with the brembo but i would like a change for something more funcy ;) thats only one reason ;) but yes You have right Brembo is one from the best of the market but looks little boring ;) anyway that is just a idea No pressure with it ;)

Re: Rear Brake Disc

I personally wouldn't bother changing it as there is absolutely nothing wrong with the OEM Brembo rear brake disc. That and your unlikely to feel any difference in terms of braking performance.

Didn't realise the OEM was a brembo,might just leave it and save some pennies for an exhaust. On my previous bikes(all Hondas)changing the rear disc to a galfer has made a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

except it's rubbish - not sure if it's the disc or caliper / MC -but I think I can say it's the worst back brake I have ever had - lucky I don't use it much!

except it's rubbish - not sure if it's the disc or caliper / MC -but I think I can say it's the worst back brake I have ever had - lucky I don't use it much!

Agree 100% at last MOT tester mentioned how poor it was! Has since bleed system so its a bit better but still shit! I also don't use it much thank God!

Rear Brake Disc

I generally only use the rear brake in RAIN mode on track and I've not experienced any problems with it or noticed a lack of performance. So for me I see very little point in purchasing an aftermarket rear brake disc in terms of performance. I can only comment on the 2015/16 model as I've not ridden previous versions on track. Over the course of ownership I've been impressed with the Race ABS system and overall front/rear braking performance; especially when using race compound brake pads. My only issue with the braking system on the latest model is the type of Brembo front calipers that BMW fit on the S1000RR. Although extremely good the calipers used makes buying replacement brake pads quite expensive.

Hi Guys

I'm just wonder the change rear brake disc for something more cool than oem one ;) would You recommend something from Your experience or from links below ;)

many thanks for advice guys

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142075368118

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291799478458

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191598976717

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171716807105

i like a the last one but it is a chinese so im not shure about it ;-/

I'm curious what you think ;)

First of all the original disc is Brembo. If I would have changed the rear disc it would have been a lighter one. The Chinese, if the material is good, it might have been my choice.

I have a second set of wheels, I bought a Brembo disc from BTR (Bike Torque Racing), works well for me.

I don't really like the wavy discs as I find that they warp when used hard., maybe not an issue on the rear though as I rarely use the rear unless it's wet, or downhill and wet.

I have a "CRG" on the back of mine. Fitted by PrimeFactors. It goes around and around, providing light retardation assistance when requested.

Latest posts

Back