Rear spindle nut torque figures...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcneill

Reaction score
Hello.Can someone explain why the rear wheel spindle nut torque is 125nm according to my manual (2021 model)and everyone still quotes 100nm? This is the 3rd s1000rr and they were always 100nm? So why the change? Thx.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Yup, my manual (for OE21) says 125nm. Keith, where does it the realOEM show the torque figures? Is this an official BMW site?

It's under the GEN4 forum Alex put up as a sticky
Torques in the Index
Have to say, I haven't checked my manual lol

Last edited:
aha. Your link above took me straight to the realOEM site, not to the sticky!!

The manual in the sticky has a red Gen 4 on the cover, but the name has been changed so I can't see which variant the manual is is - my manual has a bike in Msport colours on the front, for variant OE21 (in same way my 2012 Gen 2 is 0524). There is difference in torques 125 vs 100..... Quite a jump as the OP has noted.

Last edited:
Should torque it according to the manual that came with your bike. Not trust the internet.
I suspect that there could be differences between Cast, Forged and Carbon wheels.

Your only compressing the same components irrespective of the rim type, I would have thought..just my two bobs worth.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Should torque it according to the manual that came with your bike. Not trust the internet.
I suspect that there could be differences between Cast, Forged and Carbon wheels.
Unless you get the wrong manual with the bike! Have seen the pdf manual with red s1000rr and it shows 100nm.19 & 20 years are 100nm.2021 shows 125nm.why? The manual makes no mention of different wheel materials I.e. forged,carbon etc..making a difference to torque figure.Could this be a misprint or earlier figure too low or have they changed the design.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

I just do everything up FT.
Which in most cases ive found to be more effective than TS.
I've lost count of stripped threads or snapped bolts due to using torques :adoration:

Could this be a misprint or earlier figure too low or have they changed the design. Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Bananaman has emailed his dealer for clarification already, something I'd have done if he hadn't beat me to it. Looking forward to seeing what he gets back.

Rear Axle Nut

The Service Manual states 125 Nm. That said anything from 90 Nm upwards will generally be fine.

Doubt + 25 nm on an assembly that size would be problematic.

I'd go for the safe option... get the local Kwik Fit lads to batter it up with one of their 1/2 drive guns !

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back