Racing for real

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
ACU licence gained in October last year, seems a lifetime ago! Joined BMCRC (bemsee) club and 1st race weekend was 5&6th of april @ Brands. Well, what a cracking weekend! Friday before was a test day but could only make the afternoon. Really wanted to set up hm shifter but still not happy with it. Stuck some diamond rearsets on but not much better. Anyway, couple of beers fri night, kip in the van and up(awake) at 6am for 9 oclock qualifying. In rookie 1000's but 600's were also out on track, lot of traffic! Made 15th on grid for 1st race, 2secs quicker than my best and finished 15th yet another 2secs quicker after some up & downs. 2nd race similar. Sunday's 1st race was wet and managed an 11th just 2secs of my dry time wtf?! 4th(2nd for sunday) and last race saw a rider stall/bog down in front and had to use my elderly reactions lol! End of the race my mate highsided tying to overtake me tut. I cannot recommend this club enough, everyone and I mean everyone is friendly, nothing too much trouble, riders lending parts and even bikes so racing can continue, even scrutineering are sympathetic lol ! Roll on ext round at Snett !!

Top Banana :applouse:

Good luck for the season, keep it upright and sensible...

Hows about some pictures from the next round?

if you would like some proffesional pictures done i can attend a meeting for you? at no cost to you if you dont want prints, if you do they will be cost + 10% I dont currently hold a press card but am looking into getting one for this year.

if you would like some proffesional pictures done i can attend a meeting for you? at no cost to you if you dont want prints, if you do they will be cost + 10% I dont currently hold a press card but am looking into getting one for this year.

That would be awesome ! A biker taking pics would know whats needed lol Circuits are a fair way from you though, Brands GP is end of the season

Fantastic to hear it's going well for you. I'll come and support you at Cadwell if I'm free (basically standing around and nodding a bit). Just remember to post the dates nearer the time, in June I think?

Donnys in June Cadwell July, done Cadwell once last year and came off, erm I mean left the circuit at park I think it is, long right hander after the back straight? It was the first place the clouds dumped a shower so had to stand it up half way round lol. Stayed on though, cut some grass and rejoined halfway down the hill....Scary stuff lol

Do you know this fella, he was there too name of PJ

10247476_10152327197246125_3095718014968623734_n.jpg

Nice one Bananaman. Great to hear you enjoyed Brands Hatch.
My wife and I do most BEMSEE rounds, not riding but supporting friends in MRO Powerbikes.
I'll introduce myself if I spot you at Snetterton.
Stay safe,
M.

Sounds like your having a great time. I've heard that Bemsee are a top club to be a rookie in. I have a mate doing Bemsee rookies 1000. He was on a ZX-10 at Brands but crashed.

I don't have the gonads to do the sprints so have not ventured past the endurance races although I did contemplate doing a couple of Bemsee rookie rounds last year.

Have fun & good luck with rest of season.

In Wales this weekend so can't go along, mate is going to Snett but not relishing the weather :(

Back