quick shifter reactivation

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus81

Reaction score
Ive just tried to refit the oem quickshifter to the bike which has been off for about a year but it is not working. Spoke to bmw who said it needs to be reprogrammed into the ecu if its been disconnected for a while. Has anybody else had this problem?

Just a guess here because I was in discussion with either HM, Alpha or Starlane, can't remember who but they said you need to plug in the original dash to re-activate the original quickshifter.
I had HM shifter and Starlane Davinci-dash & Alpha switches (and a different problem).

So: Perhaps unplugging your dash plugs and re-inserting them will resolve your problem. Maybe not but you will not do any harm trying.

Regards
Davy

I put the standard one back on my previous bike when I sold it-it worked perfectly straight away.

Mind you,it would only take the dealer a few minutes to do.

I put the standard one back on my previous bike when I sold it-it worked perfectly straight away.

Mind you,it would only take the dealer a few minutes to do.

when mine stopped working after coming out of the stealers I had to use the clutch from 123456 then 54321 to reset it so the bike learnes it

Back