quick question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pof

Reaction score
Does anyone know if cush drives would be covered on the bikes warrenty ? 2014 and still has 6 mnths left. Lots of play and getting a "donk" when opening it up. Went on ebay to buy dome and fo myself but someone told me it might be able to be done for fee.

My dealer told me they are considered wear items like brake pads etc. I just ordered some yesterday and are picking up tomorrow. The part number is 33818530682 if you have forged wheels and 27717711762 of you have cast wheels.

The forged ones are about ?11 plus vat for set of 5. I change mine every winter, usually two have bits peeling off them, but just being a perfectionist for the sake of a few quid. I did notice this time that both my outer spacers had grooves worn in them like a stone or grit had been trapped in it and ground out a bit of alloy.

JimmyMac

JimmyMac

Lol wrong way round my mistake. Well ive just rung dealer and have booked bike in as they say i shouldnt have that play after 7k miles. While there they are going to look at my eng mang light issue coming on after a long ride and it sits without fan on. Might as well get it looked at while under warrenty

I was going to ask if this was a common thing with cush rubbers needing replacing so soon, i can understand it if the throttle is getting battered and if the chain is a tad slack too but I wouldn't expect cush rubbers to go before a chain or sprockets needed replacing, in fact I am sure that the last time I needed to change a set of cush rubbers on a bike, the bike had done 30K miles and was putting out about the same torque as a BMW, be interested in hearing what BMW have to say about that :)

Will let you know what they say. Like you i changed cush drives on my oem r1 wheel after 20k and never on the carbon dy mags

From what I have read they tend to go within 10k miles on the Cast wheels. Someone could definitely produce sturdier items. I'm guessing they are soft to smooth the drivetrain a little. But I'm guessing. I'm replacing mine as part of an overhaul I've not actually tested. (2012 at 10-11k miles)

Changing to forged reduces the stresses on them and the costs..win win.

Only been commuting on it alex . No track work with this bike. Started at 7k miles which is ridiculas

Back from the dealers now. First time i have been to a bmw dealership and they seem a good bunch.
Firstly they changed the cush drives under warrenty which was a good start. Then onto finding why my engine mang light had come on a few times. I had 6 fault codes come up, 1 for led side lights which i knew would show , i had 3 exhaust servo codes which again i knew would show,5th code was 02 sensor again not problem as all these were down to exhaust change. The important 1 (i thought it was anyway) was down to a wiring fault which was triggered when i spliced the pc5 into loom , so no big issues after all.

It normally is lol. Chatting about pcs and he was saying that they are great for the jap bikes but da germans dont get on very well with them.

Latest posts

Back