Puig Racing Acessories

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

It's the time of year when my S is hibernating and so Im spending every spare minute I have googling and eBaying looking for accessories.

Has anyone got any Puig parts for their S1000? They're priced relatively cheap compared to competitors and I'm hoping thats not an indicator of lesser quality?

I like the look of the Double Bubble screen, I think it fits in with the styling of the '15 RR
7564H.jpg

The Pro Crash bobbins look nice as well
PUIG21558.jpg

And the Levers also caught my eye First link is Short levers, second is 50th anniversary levers.

short levers

50th Anniversary

(i didn't embed them as they're very large res pics and i couldn't be bothered resizing them tbh)

Basically, have you used or seen any of these products in the flesh if so how would you rate them? are they as good as they look, more importantly do they function as well as they look? OR have you got a similar product you would recommend?

Cheers Stephen

Hi Stephen, I had a Puig double bubble on my 2012 S1000RR which was fine but when I bought my HP4 I tried a BMW high screen and it seems a lot more rigid.

Plenty of room to get down behind too.

Really like the look of those levers, 50th is my favourite of the two.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
I've got the crash bungs on mine , fit and quality are good but they are rather big in comparison to r and g or similar , I liked the look of them and ?100 that I paid was inline with others . Let's hope I never have to test them (shiny side up )

Hi Stephen, I had a Puig double bubble on my 2012 S1000RR which was fine but when I bought my HP4 I tried a BMW high screen and it seems a lot more rigid.

Plenty of room to get down behind too.

Really like the look of those levers, 50th is my favourite of the two.

JimmyMac

Thanks for your input, ill have a look at the BM high screen.

I like the 50th ones best too, the only issue is they only come in Black/Gold(orange) whereas the other levers are colour customisable. Id much rather have red than gold.

I've got the crash bungs on mine , fit and quality are good but they are rather big in comparison to r and g or similar , I liked the look of them and ?100 that I paid was inline with others . Let's hope I never have to test them (shiny side up )

How far do they stick out would you say? I don't think thats a bad thing really as id imagine they'll slide longer and give a bit more protection than slimmer alternatives.

Although if they stick out too far they may be more likely to bend into the fairing..

7828013D-01CE-4267-97F7-0EDA583B1D57_zpsnkq9d8mv.jpg
[/URL]I changed it to the BMW dark screen as i thought it looked too high

Last edited:
I'm more amazed at pictures of your bike outside Loupe!

The mra on the new model looks a bit odd to me? On the HP4 it is much better.

I'm more amazed at pictures of your bike outside Loupe!

The mra on the new model looks a bit odd to me? On the HP4 it is much better.

Haha yeah they are old pics, No chance I'd be taking the bike out at this time of year!

I just fitted the puig dark smoke screen tonight, looks ace! I always have puig screens on my bikes though lol! Think out of the puig range I would only go for a screen, just my personal opinion.

Looking good that Loupe...
I think the BMW screen looks better although it's not the best to look through along with a tinted visor when you give it the beans.:race2_smilie:

Last edited:
Puig here as well , looks the best out the lot I reckon and light smoke easy to see through even with dark visor on.also fits good.

So I'm going to order a tinted double bubble screen for my 2015......but I'm undecided whether to go for the genuine BMW screen or the Puig. The BMW screen is a lot dearer, but is it a lot better ?

The screen is one thing that gets a fair bit abuse from stones, dead flies, general cleaning etc so by my maths, I could get two Puig screens for the price of the BMW screen.

There's also the choice of colour for the Puig - light smoke, dark smoke or black then there's the choice of places to buy.....decisions decisions

Thoughts ?

Latest posts

Back