Problem Fitting R&G Crash Protectors

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sydney

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone had any problem fitting R&G crash protectors?

The right hand side (off-side) bolt securing the bung seems to tighten but the bung remains loose, perhaps suggesting that the bolt has gone as far into the mount as it can go but is too long to secure the frame & bung to the mount?

I have double checked, triple checked all of the components and I am certain I have everything in the right place, the LH fits fine. At first I thought I had the wrong fitting kit but checked the instructions and it describes everything that I have.

I have refitted the engine mounting bolts but I now have a 28mm size hole in the side of my fairing! I will contact RG on Monday but just wondered if anyone had encountered anything similar?

Syd.

Yes I saw that and just thought that someone was a bit over zealous with the spanner but maybe the bolt is too long?

Will contact RG on Monday but just wondered if there's anyone else out there with a similar exprience.

Syd.

Yes I saw that and just thought that someone was a bit over zealous with the spanner but maybe the bolt is too long?

Will contact RG on Monday but just wondered if there's anyone else out there with a similar exprience.

Syd.

Just put a couple of washers between the frame and crash bobbin job sorted

Not really my style, would prefer to get the job done properly.

Contact RG Racing, gave them some measurements and as we are only talking about a few millimeters, they are machining a bolt specifically for the job. Which is a good resull in my book. I will keep you all posted on how I get on.

Also worth remembering for all others if they buy this type of crash bung.

Syd

Back