Positive and negative impedance values Q.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well where i am it gets very hot in summer, stopping at the lights or traffic will get boiling hot. better be safe than sorry, would be great if it goes on at say 85

The bike will take 103-107 all day long. It's a pressurised cooling system.

The frame heat soak/leg burn is going to occur whatever you do.

Last edited:
The only thing that annoys me about this bike compared to the r1 is you cant put the fans on after you switch the engine off. With the yam you just clicked the key back round and if the temp was still over 100 the fans would kick on and remove a lot of the residual heat. Not sure why i cant do this with the bm

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hplogger
The ECU has electrolytic capacitors on the power supply input used to smooth out the dc voltage applied to it.
when a capacitor is discharged (not up to voltage) its internal resistance is low. when you apply the battery to the bike the capacitors start to charge with a high inrush current (high with respect to this application) this creates the spark you see. as the capacitors reach their full charge voltage ,the current passing through them drops off. this is why you see an initial current draw then it drops to zero.
using a voltmeter to measure the resistance in the way you have done does not result in a correct reading.
a voltmeter is used to measure resistance only. the bikes circuit contains both active and passive components which will falsify the resistance reading from your voltmeter.

Dam , i just thought you turn the key and it goes vroom vroom vroom

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dam , i just thought you turn the key and it goes vroom vroom vroom
:)

I need to correct my statement
using a voltmeter to measure the resistance in the way you have done does not result in a correct reading.
Using a Volt/Ohm meter to measure the resistance in the way you have done does not result in a correct reading.

there we go.

Resistance exists only on positive sides of the circuit, where reactive impedance can be three properties that exist on positive and negative sides of circuits. Capacitance, inductance and thermal.

So I can't measure impedance using the fluke 116 true-rms multimeter?

Not sure what you mean by positive side of a circuit.
Impedance has a resistive and a reactive component. The reactive component can either be of the capacitive or inductive type.
All are frequency dependent. To properly measure the impedance and obtain the DC resistive component would be to use an LCR meter.

The true RMS part of a voltmeter is the AC voltage measuring part not the resistance measuring part.
Its used to give you the TRMS voltage of a chopped ac waveform like output of a variable speed drive.
Any reason why you are interested in this with respect you your bike?
Maybe there is another way to do what you want to do.

81a93c1f10c8a572559ff1f8cf2e2261.jpg

Current draw from battery on start up when warm and holding the clutch in whilst in neutral.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Back