Paintwork Costs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacRR

Reaction score
I've been umming and ahhing about what to do on the bike front recently and I'm now thinking about getting a smart paint job on my gen3. I've got something in mind and have had a quote from a reputable paint shop but I'm interested to here what you guys think a typical cost would be for a high standard multi colour respray?

Last edited:
I wouldn't respray the originals...unless you have a spare set in mint condition for resale.

Tank would need doing Alex otherwise your pretty limited with what you can do

Vinyl Wrap

You may also want to consider vinyl wrap as it's significantly cheaper.

Yep, I've looked at this, can you recommend anyone as I've approached a couple of companies who when push comes to shove are reluctant to do anything more than a plain wrap and a few graphics on a bike

Yeah, Wicked Coatings have done some very cool stuff with hydro dipping including the Bahnstormer chequer plate S1000RR, I guess its all lacquered over, not sure how durable it is though?

For Hydro and painting, only difference is what's involved in the application between the prep and the laquer . Costs increase according to how many and how good the panels are and how intricate the design is. One solid colour for instance could start from 250, then sliding scale into 4 figures. when different colours merge into an adjacent panels then the base colour will be applied then subsequent fitment to the bike is necessary to make sure that additional colours lines, line up . E.G. nose cone to side fairing, side fairing to bellypan, side fairing to tail, tail to tank and so on....
I'd like a pound for every 'can you just' statements lol !
Google RS paints and that will give you an idea of material cost.....

Cheers Ryan, I spoke to Image Works a while back, despite doing a wrap job on the Performance Bikes TL1000R, they're not that fussed about doing bike wraps and certainly not complex ones. I've spoken with a couple of decent painters now so have got a feeling for prices.

Budgie, what's the cost to strip and repaint a tank - OEM Granite Metallic Grey? (2017 Paint Code). I have some marks from Jerez, so come the winter I want them fixed.

Back