paddock stands.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it's worth, I've tried lots of sets of stands over the years, some do not lift the rear high enough and the tyre warmers can foul the ground if it's uneven. Front's if not robust enough twist on wheel removal and it can be difficult to get the front wheel back on.
As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. After many sets (including ones very similar to the ones posted above) I bit the bullet and purchased a set of Harris ones. Expensive but work perfectly, after ages trying to pick up a 2nd hand set I eventually purchased new due to the fact that the 2nd hand ones were almost the same price as new. So it's good to know you will get a fair chunk of cash back once you are finished with them.

Davy

For what it's worth, I've tried lots of sets of stands over the years, some do not lift the rear high enough and the tyre warmers can foul the ground if it's uneven. Front's if not robust enough twist on wheel removal and it can be difficult to get the front wheel back on.
As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. After many sets (including ones very similar to the ones posted above) I bit the bullet and purchased a set of Harris ones. Expensive but work perfectly, after ages trying to pick up a 2nd hand set I eventually purchased new due to the fact that the 2nd hand ones were almost the same price as new. So it's good to know you will get a fair chunk of cash back once you are finished with them.

Davy

Thanks I know what you mean you get what you pay for, would you be able find a link to the ones you use.

Just go to the Harris Performance web page and you will find them there.

Davy

Here you go Daz

732FAFD3-EBAF-4029-B6E9-9AB1FF61850F_zpsyytyevvq.jpg

53728EB8-8AD9-45F9-9087-FD405C59ED2B_zpsiqhrjxbr.jpg

I agree with Davy about you get what you pay for. From my personal experience I have had no problems with the warrior stands and have also used the front stand for my K1300R which is a much heavier bike, again with no problems. The rear and front wheel ground clearances are good, but on the front I have to take the front mudguard off (which is 4 fairing screws) to get the wheel out easily. On the rear I use a piece of decking board underneath the tyre to support the rear wheel when I line it up for the axle, so unless the warmers are thicker than decking board it's fine. My caveat to all of this is that I don't use my stands in a paddock having to quickly change wheels between sessions, I take my time in my garage, so I don't know how they would do being used in anger trackside. Overall very happy with them.

If my garage wasn't a 40 year old concrete section leaking pile of shite (I have an air chamber for the bikes to deal with moisture issues), and a sloping floor, I'd probably get a bursig and do things that way.

Use the Harris ones myself and they are great....used to have the same issues re tyre warmers on a cheap previous set and was recommended the Harris stands.

Here you go Daz

732FAFD3-EBAF-4029-B6E9-9AB1FF61850F_zpsyytyevvq.jpg

53728EB8-8AD9-45F9-9087-FD405C59ED2B_zpsiqhrjxbr.jpg

I agree with Davy about you get what you pay for. From my personal experience I have had no problems with the warrior stands and have also used the front stand for my K1300R which is a much heavier bike, again with no problems. The rear and front wheel ground clearances are good, but on the front I have to take the front mudguard off (which is 4 fairing screws) to get the wheel out easily. On the rear I use a piece of decking board underneath the tyre to support the rear wheel when I line it up for the axle, so unless the warmers are thicker than decking board it's fine. My caveat to all of this is that I don't use my stands in a paddock having to quickly change wheels between sessions, I take my time in my garage, so I don't know how they would do being used in anger trackside. Overall very happy with them.

If my garage wasn't a 40 year old concrete section leaking pile of shite (I have an air chamber for the bikes to deal with moisture issues), and a sloping floor, I'd probably get a bursig and do things that way.

Thanks for posting the pics so quick, like you mine will only be used in the garage over the winter storage period.

If it's only for in the garage I highly recommend a 1jac stand.
Spider type stand that lifts both wheels completely off the ground and you can wheel it all over the place. The are just a bit awkward to carry to the pit lane, but for about the home, I use it ALL the time.

Davy

Will take a look at that as well there are so many options, its funny i thought the ones i used on the R6 no problem use them. The rear one fits with very little clearance but the front one no way. So the other decision is buy two new stands or just buy one.....arghhhhh lol

Latest posts

Back