paddock stands.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use warrior stands which look like the same design and they work fine with the R&G swing arm bobbins.

I have some Yoshimura bobbins which I guess are pretty much the same?

It's the front stand I'm not quite sure about about. Are the mountings on the Front stands a standard design?

Tah.

If you're buying 2 stands the Warrior spyder does the same thing and it's on castors so you can move it around.

I have some Yoshimura bobbins which I guess are pretty much the same?

It's the front stand I'm not quite sure about about. Are the mountings on the Front stands a standard design?

Tah.

I believe the front stand is pretty standard. With mine I can support the front forks and remove the front wheel easily. Very stable.

just for info, I went for traditional paddock stands and not the 'spider' single stand option because my existing garage floor is not perfectly smooth and has a slight gradient in places.

I have a set of these for my hp4 they work as well as any stands I've had , have bmw bobbins they are cheaper than you think .

Good point! I was more concerned that the fixing hole on the swing arm is on a lower plane than the main face of the swing arm by approximately 6mm and the Bobbins sits half on the outer face.

The R&g ones which I now have are supplied with a little spacer that allows the Bobbin to sit fully on the lower face!

The joys of eBay.

Cheers

Had mine up on the black stands from GhostBikes this weekend, front is fine. Rear only just fits! Had to apply brute force and make the stand a little wider.

Makes me question my fitting of the R&g bobbins?!

Works fine now after a little persuasion, and using a couple of my own bolts to replace the missing ones.

Let us know what you think of them.

D.

Hmm, the black box stands I bought were spot on. The front and rear stands have width adjustable hooks / supports for the bike so it does seem a bit strange that your rear stand was not wide enough to start with, or maybe I'm reading your post wrong?

Soothy. Would it be possible for you to send me a pic of your bobbins :) hehe.

Email me if it's easier. [email protected]

You show me yours and I'll show you mine :)

Fully adjusted the rear stand was about an inch to small.

Cheers bud.

Soothy. Would it be possible for you to send me a pic of your bobbins :) hehe.

Email me if it's easier. [email protected]

Cheers bud.

I will take and post a pic on Wednesday when it comes back from the dealer.

Hope these float your boat mate.

Just got it back so a bit wet.

My rear stand hooks are adjusted to almost full width to take the bobbins, but they do fit. The bobbins should sit flush to the swing arm sides where they make contact, with the spacers between them and the cut out section where they screw in on each side. Hope that makes sense.

I'm no expert but I think the spacers need swapping sides. From memory they are not identical on both sides (if that makes sense?).

I think they are symmetrical but will check when I get home.

Anyways they fit now I have stretched the stand a wee bit!

I have fallen out with the bike now, we are not on speaking terms.

Hi All
I am so confused on the many replies to this ongoing question, sorry but would like to get front and rear paddock stands for 2014 S1k. I have paddock stands as below which i used on my R6 without issue. I have bought new R & G bobbins and the rear stand just about fits but no way would i attempt the front one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Biketek-H...48eab&pid=100204&rk=19&rkt=30&sd=400663040745

I would really appreciate your advice on which stands work without issue. Many thanks.

Latest posts

Back