Paddock Stands? BMW?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today the bike has been up on both the rear and front warrior stands without any problems at all. Very stable and easy to get on and off. They came from demon-tweeks and delivery was next day so very happy. The bursig system would still be my preference but needs must...

thanks for all the advice on the topic it has been very helpful.

really? my s1 is lucky to get cleaned yearly

3/4 way thru restoring a ZX-9R C2, started off cleaning and ended up polishing the lot.

I quite like the spider stands but I can just see me spinning the bike round and smacking something. I think for me, I will stick with regular paddock stands.

Good choice!!

Last edited:
Turn it off and twist the wrist, Hard!

Even OFF the DTC is still on. But the S1 is an easier, more planted and all round better bike to ride, so still not as much fun as an old B4 or early C zx9.

For 900's and more of a Sports tourer than sports bike, with very little money they could be tuned to have more HP than other bikes in there class of the same era.
Even as standard they produced more HP at the wheel than a blade, however the blade was lighter so more suited to cornering but in a straight line the zx9 was fun.

take a zx9, if its a B model try to lighten it by 10kgs if its a C then no need, decent exhaust system, all the usual performance upgrades and it was one hell of a beast for the time.

Probably my favourite bike of all time. Jeez lumpy.... I might have to start a winter project now

Even OFF the DTC is still on.

Its only 3% dude practically off. Yeah the Ninja project kinda slowed down got 130 hours in it so far, maybe another 40 to finish it. I will show you the 50 odd pics when i convert them to a slide show and bore the pants off you. I have had most of the zx9's, the c is the milestone as far as ninjas back then - much lighter and actually for a large bike flick-able, but talk about tank slappers. yeah good fun even better fun in the wet. I might give it a 30 shot dry spray for a laugh.....

Couple pics to show where I am now and from the front and rear you can see the diff. Going thru everything down to the bearings except engine and gearbox.

http://postimg.org/image/4wzzebpv9/

http://postimg.org/image/ff6uejkhp/

ard work!!

Last edited:
I wanted paddock stands for my HP4 and chose to go for the Bike Tek front and rear. Both retail at about £65 and fit perfectly. The front stand supports in the holes at the bottom of the forks and the rear satnd supports on bobbins. I bought the Evotech bobbins specifically for the S1000RR and they are perfect. Quick, light and easy for track days and tyre warmers etc.

Its only 3% dude practically off. Yeah the Ninja project kinda slowed down got 130 hours in it so far, maybe another 40 to finish it. I will show you the 50 odd pics when i convert them to a slide show and bore the pants off you. I have had most of the zx9's, the c is the milestone as far as ninjas back then - much lighter and actually for a large bike flick-able, but talk about tank slappers. yeah good fun even better fun in the wet. I might give it a 30 shot dry spray for a laugh.....

Couple pics to show where I am now and from the front and rear you can see the diff. Going thru everything down to the bearings except engine and gearbox.

http://postimg.org/image/4wzzebpv9/

http://postimg.org/image/ff6uejkhp/

ard work!!

Yep damn u lumpy, I'm gonna start a new ZX9 project after xmas (wife permitting). I've owned B4, C1, C2 and E2. Altho the E was actually a much better bike than earlier models with separate ram-air intake, Increased HP and all round better engine, stiffer frame, shorter forks as well as other changes, because of those changes in altered the bikes previous "feel".

I get engine looked at by bike shop I use (i'm no mechanic) but do all other work like you lumps

My old C model zx9 :( miss u baby. !!WARNING!! Sunglass may be required.
zx9tango.jpg

Summit is not right there mate, you sure your not just turning off the ABS?

No. as Lumpy said you can't actually turn the DTC off off. Even off it's still on. But it's not just the DTC, the S1 is a safer (because its newer) bike to ride, which if your in a "wanna be an idiot" mode makes it less fun to ride than an old ZX9.

Half of the fun for me is sometimes knowing i'm right on the very edge of what me and the bike are capable of, But the S1 is capable of much more than me so never get the puckering ringpiece on it.

No. as Lumpy said you can't actually turn the DTC off off. Even off it's still on. But it's not just the DTC, the S1 is a safer (because its newer) bike to ride, which if your in a "wanna be an idiot" mode makes it less fun to ride than an old ZX9.

Half of the fun for me is sometimes knowing i'm right on the very edge of what me and the bike are capable of, But the S1 is capable of much more than me so never get the puckering ringpiece on it.

That Orange Paint work is awesome - did you spray it? looks wicked!! I hope mine turns out as nice.

Here was a major coup, the swingarm.
You can see why i took it off - it was fucked!!
http://postimg.org/image/54fh8vhyf/

Lots of paint stripper and lots of hours hand sanding to get rid of the pitting.
http://postimg.org/image/gp1g8dq3d/

Then 4 grades of polish on the wheel
http://postimg.org/image/9wv6kpicd/

I also did the frame, sub frame, hangers, rear sets, swing arm, wheels. reconditioned the calliper's, that 7/8 hours per caliper about 5 for the rear. It adds up quick. but that's what a man cave is all about. and you cannot beat an ole ninja for a project.

Just tank need painting, forks and front wheel and then ready for the MOT.

There is a certain satisfaction in restoring/rebuilding a bike that is past it and bringing it back to life then spanking it. :)

There are loads of projects on gumtree/ebay. let us know what you decide on.

Cheers

That Orange Paint work is awesome - did you spray it? looks wicked!! I hope mine turns out as nice.

I originally painted it myself. Ordered the Dyno-Rod orange paint and sprayed it all in garage. After taking it out into sunlight I realised it was the Dayglow orange. DynoRod vans have two oranges a dayglow colour and just a bright deeper orange. I couldn't live with the dayglow and couldn't be arsed to rub down and repaint all again myself so had a local sprayers do it with the correct dyno rod orange that i wanted in the first place.

I originally painted it myself. Ordered the Dyno-Rod orange paint and sprayed it all in garage. After taking it out into sunlight I realised it was the Dayglow orange. DynoRod vans have two oranges a dayglow colour and just a bright deeper orange. I couldn't live with the dayglow and couldn't be arsed to rub down and repaint all again myself so had a local sprayers do it with the correct dyno rod orange that i wanted in the first place.

Haha been there, going to get the fairing painted by a mate (i know i know) cheap Chinese copies but they fit ok so what the hell. That Orange looks really good, I tend to stick with more standard colours these days for an easier sale when done. But you got me thinking now.

Lumpy are you going to clear-coat that swing arm? It look fantastic :)

Thanks dude, it has been a labour of love. The problem with clear coating it will chip fairly quickly and water will get underneath and then bye bye finish. It will take some time but it will happen best way to keep polished stuff looking good IMO is to wax it.

Simplest way to do that is with snow foam with pre added wax in it. Foam the bike with the jetwash and snow lance a good few times and then soften the power of the jet and rinse. once done blows the excess water off with a leaf blower. Works a treat. I have read enough comments on keeping a polished bike looking good and how it is a night mare. I never had any issues as I clean my bikes fairly regular.

Cheers

Haha been there, going to get the fairing painted by a mate (i know i know) cheap Chinese copies but they fit ok so what the hell. That Orange looks really good, I tend to stick with more standard colours these days for an easier sale when done. But you got me thinking now.

That was a 2nd set of fairing, kept the original blue for resale and for the "shit happens" events. I bought 2nd hand fairings from ebay and breakers, all different colours. What ever i could get cheap.

I love loud colours on bikes, louder the better. But i'm not a fan of race replica style paintjobs (your not barry sheene so don't try to look like it).

Even with the S1 I've prefered all the "undesirable" colours, Acid Green, Mustard Yellow and the 2012 Blue. If i was to buy a 2013 S1, i'd have to get it painted as the colours are dull.

That was a 2nd set of fairing, kept the original blue for resale and for the "shit happens" events. I bought 2nd hand fairings from ebay and breakers, all different colours. What ever i could get cheap.

I love loud colours on bikes, louder the better. But i'm not a fan of race replica style paintjobs (your not barry sheene so don't try to look like it).

Even with the S1 I've prefered all the "undesirable" colours, Acid Green, Mustard Yellow and the 2012 Blue. If i was to buy a 2013 S1, i'd have to get it painted as the colours are dull.

No point spending 1600 quid on a OEM kit for a 1600 quid bike lol. Funnily enough I sold the originals which had been down the road and knackered one side, on fleabay for £174 got a set from China for 300 with taxes and painted, which when arrived some was damaged. They offered me a partial refund :) All said and done the fairing cost me 64 quid inc taxes pmsl. I will see after the repairs if I need to re paint them.

My garage was so full of parts and bikes i could just barley get in let alone do any work on the kwacker. first to go was the project busa, which I hadn't touched, lesson there is don't buy another project when you have not finished the first one. but it was soo cheap mate, what could i do? Then the RSVR Edwards, then my first S1 (that hurt) just shifted a pallets worth of S1 leftovers. Now i got the zx9r and my 2nd S1 which is almost done. It has 22K in it inc cost of bike and hope to have it done by 2014. Going to get started on the ZX9 again this week.

I have had every colour bike there is and hated the Ninja lime Green and for some reason that's the colour i choose for this bike - prolly because I thought it would sell better.

p.s. apologies to thread starter for completely hijacking this thread......:congratulatory:

Back