ouch

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
....this going to cost...sitting at the side of the road waiting on recovery. I'm OK but the bike isn't. There's a small hole where the edge of the LHS engine cover used to be.....so that'll need replacing. Amazingly only that and the front and rear crash bungs got ruined, so that's something....and I wanted an oil change....the stuff on the ground probably isn't reusable now...

Anyone know how much that's going to cost?

Had to avoid someone. Saw it coming, but didn't see that my spare piece of road had shit all over it, and as soon as I got onto it I realised that there wasn't any grip. Didn't have enough time to get control back before Front tyre clipped the curb, and i went down. What's worse is that it now turns out I am not okay. Had to go and get an x-ray on my hand this morning, seems like nothing fractured but it hurts like.......

The bloke that recovered my bike said that the engine key cover does not immediately protect the inner workings of the engine, and that the repair wont be as serious as I feared.... It'll still be lots...arse....

No I didn't. Easy purchase decision! Surprised there was so much damage to the engine case, so they will be going straight on!

Also worth noting that I called BMW assistance only to find out that I had forgotten to extend the warranty cover (it has only just run out), and therefore get Bmw Emergency assistance. Happily they were more than happy to arrange transfer of my bike to the nearest dealer. Nice touch.

Back