Only one day to go.. I can't sleep

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@SuperS1K

Reaction score
Hello fellow Beamer fans

I am so excited about collecting my new sport in Motorsport colours on Wednesday 07/08/13 from Park Lane BMW... I literally cannot sleep! My mind is racing..

I'm a little apprehensive about Hyde Park corner in the rush hour on new rubber.. What are the Metzeler Racetec K3's like by the way, I believe this is what they come fitted with?

And not looking forward to first seeing the bike presented with the motorad tank & tail bags fitted :cower:, but they were free :highly_amused:

Hopefully meet some of you on the various byways of Hampshire & West Sussex soon or over a disgusting coffee at Loomies :sorrow:

"Stay Loose" (on the bars lol)

SuperS1K

Good luck with your new bike. I'm sure the Racetecs will be fine on Hyde Park corner, it would be the taxis I'd be more concerned about!
See you at Loomies some time.

Ed

welcome aboard
enjoy the bike , its great when ya getting something new

That will be a lovely bike! I've always had a soft spot for the motorsport colours! racetecs are decent tyres. I used to race in the Scottish championship and did a few british 1000cc endurance rounds and although the K3's are slightly harder compound,they are good rubber.. I wouldn't go kissing the redline in every gear, not for the first couple of miles at least! :) Just go alittle canny until you get heat in them and scrub off the surface and you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

keep an eye out for my carbon S1000RR thats sitting in the park lane showroom! has blue coloured weave! :)

Hi Ed

im probably getting my knickers in a twist over nothing, I've never had any dramas with new rubber in the past, but I've never driven a new bike from a showroom before..

Please come and say hello if you see me at Loomies my reg end's FTC but it will change to JHS, always keen to learn more from chatting

all the best

welcome aboard
enjoy the bike , its great when ya getting something new

thank you of your well wishes, I'm looking forward to enjoying the bike.. The difference between Men and Boys is the price of our toys.. And right now it feels like Christmas lol

Hi Kyleum295
thanks for the info on the tyres, Im not really expecting any dramas and I'm quite smooth on the gas anyway, just all sorts of thoughts enter your head until you get to sit on your new machine and get the first few clicks under my belt.. I've never actually even sat on an S1000, but read enough reviews to convince myself to part with some cash.
Wow I'll have a look out for your machine, bet you can't wait, I dealt with Andrew, he's been really helpful
all the best

You don't have to get it from Park Lane (the road). Their service facility is in Battersea, didn't they offer to let you get it there? I was proper bricking it when I got mine from Park Lane, didn't enjoy the ride home at all....well until I found a long straight road in the countryside... :)

Try and enjoy it. Mine came with K3s btw....

Why would you want to pick it up from the service garage! Just man up and drive it straight outta town!

Sweet! I was the same!
And K3's are awesome! I love em! Super sticky!
Enjoy! And ride safe!

Hi, 140k home and all is Well
Came with bridgestones, so will swap for the K3's next time as I have heard many positive things.
Already the bike feels awesome, its in race mode and have scrubbed the tyres off now, hate to admit it but the luggage is good so far too.
Its a good experience collecting from Park Lane, there is a very sexy young sales lady :love-struck: who raced and now track days her S1K.. Apparently she is faster than the rest.
Great day, great bikes
happy Days

Hi, 140k home and all is Well
Came with bridgestones, so will swap for the K3's next time as I have heard many positive things.
Already the bike feels awesome, its in race mode and have scrubbed the tyres off now, hate to admit it but the luggage is good so far too.
Its a good experience collecting from Park Lane, there is a very sexy young sales lady :love-struck: who raced and now track days her S1K.. Apparently she is faster than the rest.
Great day, great bikes
happy Days
It only gets better! I miss riding mine but had a few problems so having year out. But next year I'll be full force! I bet you were buzzing your tits off! And try the K3's because I think they are the best. Even in the wet I felt safe.

Latest posts

Back