On the brink!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRD1000

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm seriously considering purchasing a new S1000RR Sport. I know it's the bike I want; just need a few things to come together.

Currently I have a Suzuki GSX-R 750, owned from new in 2010. I've tinkered and modestly improved it over the years (full exhaust, ECU flash etc.). I love the bike but the call of a new beast is strong...

So, I joined the forum to get a taste for the ownership experience. Hoping to report back soon with details of a purchase.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike welcome on board, suggest you take a test ride if you haven't done so already, you'll find it has similar all round capabilty as your GSXR but with some trick tech. and stellar performance and handling. You won't go wrong if you buy one.

Hi Mike, the call of a new beast is a great call.....this beast is an absolute monster. I have ridden practically every bike on road and several on track. In my mind this bike has no competition.

Enjoy the forum, some great people and great advice on here.

Asif

I think the 750 is a lovely balanced beastie but the S1000RR is on another level especially driving out of corners.

Welcome to the site

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
I too came from a gsxr 750 k8
I actually find it very similar until you hit
7000 revs then .... holy shit !!!

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome.

I test rode one last year and was incredibly impressed. Within 10 minutes it was giving me the confidence to push on.

Indeed, it felt very similar to my 750 in terms of weight and controllabilty, then it just explodes at the top end!

Cheers

Yea mate welcome and get buying...gixxer 750 is a class machine..my wee mate has had his for about 5 years... hes jockey size about 9.5 stone so perfect for him... but as the lads say.. the extra power and everything else on thourr makes it an easy decision.....

stuarts phone

Last edited:
Hi Mike, never had any other sportsbike than the BMW so can't compare other models. Jumped straight on to one from only riding GS's but find the Beemer so balanced and responsive it really is a pure pleasure to ride.
Hope you find one soon.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back