Oil

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie

Reaction score
Bit of a random one this. Was checking the oil level via the sight glass. Manual states that you should only check after a "lengthy" ride. Thing is, what constitutes a lengthy ride. I took her out for 20 minutes and came back and checked the oil - just sitting on the minimum level through the glass. Is this normal and the oil would get higher in the sump if the engine was ran for longer, or is the oil level too low? Hard to tell! I would have thought after 10 minutes of running the oil would be around the sight glass clear to see - mine isn't!

Do you leave the engine running for 2 mins after the end of the journey, as per the manual? I've had the same issue before, I think that's what sorted it.

Didn't do that, no. But did run her for 5 mins again and after turning it off the level was still just on the "MIN" line. When its on the side stand, it fills up halfway so there's definitely oil in it. Just not sure if I should top it up?

welli would definately top it up if its showing low on level ground when its warm.
I havent really noticed my settling like it would on say a superduke , where the oil level hot/cold is very different

Back