Oil drain plug different 2017? Torque setting

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

amcneill

Hello.Doing oil change on 2017 S1000rr.The design of the oil drain plug is different to the 2014 model I'm used to_On the 2014 it was a stainless bolt(?) with large magnet and on the 2017 it is aluminium(?) with a small slender magnet.The old plug tightened to 28nm but is the new one different? With it being made of softer metal I would of thought so.Tightening torque? Any help appreciated.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Hello.Doing oil change on 2017 S1000rr.The design of the oil drain plug is different to the 2014 model I'm used to_On the 2014 it was a stainless bolt(?) with large magnet and on the 2017 it is aluminium(?) with a small slender magnet.The old plug tightened to 28nm but is the new one different? With it being made of softer metal I would of thought so.Tightening torque? Any help appreciated.

Not sure myself but I would think if its softer material then the torque value would be commensurate. Have you checked the workshop manual..free to premier members.

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have a workshop manual for 2014 model but not the 2017.....as you say different materials can mean different torque settings.2014 steel? And 2017 aluminium? Need torque setting for 2017 model S1000rr please....

Not seen a workshop manual for a '17. I'd just phone the dealership it's not a secret they won't give out.

Last edited:
Oil Sump Bolt

The torque setting for the oil sump bolt is 28 Nm.

Latest posts

Back