Noise DB Levels for 2015 Stock Exhaust - Track Day Planned

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cresser1

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this has been covered before.....has anyone had there standard 2015 S1000RR noise tested for a track day? Anyone had it tested with the baffles out?

I'm off to Oulton Park on Monday and dont want a wasted journey! I believe they operate a limit of 102db for a static test. The track day is with MSVT so test is based on 5,500rpm @ 0.5m.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,
Marc

I live 5 miles from oulton if you can wait till Friday when I'm off I can ask them to noise test mine which I have removed the baffles from the standard can.?

Thanks for the replies chaps, it sounds like I should be ok based on your experiences.

Andrrew - that's a very kind offer and if you do manage to get it tested on Friday that would be bloody awesome! V curious to know the results!

Called into oulton today and they kindly noise checked the bike
she blew 98 db without the baffle, was 102db getting to 5500rpm but once there and holding steady revs it dropped to 98db
as someone has said the valve in the link pipe must close at steady revs hence the low DB 's

If the valve closes and drops volume this would work for the static test. Drive by might be different!

Called into oulton today and they kindly noise checked the bike
she blew 98 db without the baffle, was 102db getting to 5500rpm but once there and holding steady revs it dropped to 98db
as someone has said the valve in the link pipe must close at steady revs hence the low DB 's

Cheers! That was really kind of you to do that - top man!

I think I will pop the baffle in for Oulton just to be sure. I will now be able to head up north without worrying it will be a wasted journey! Phew.

Based on that result, other tracks with a 105db static test should be fine with the baffle out which is also good news.

Back