Newbie to the forum and S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andijoe

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and S1000RR and having done 3 x track days on her (Bella is her name) all I can say is CHUFFING NORAH, WHAT A MACHINE!!!! I'm soon to sell my K1 GSXR1000 (?2K if anybody wants her or knows someone that might) that I've owned for the past 12 years and spent a few quid and loving hours on as I can't justify keeping both and so Bella will stay. I look forward to reading and discussing topics with you. TFI Friday. :calm:

Welcome Andijoe, 12 years with one bike, how did you manage that?! Good things come to those who wait, which S1K do you have?

Last edited:
Thank you Mac. I've been riding for 24 years and it was by far the best bike I'd ever owned, every time I got on her either I did or she did something different that made me smile, shat my pants, smile more, miss a heart beat and then smile even more so I couldn't let her go. Until now. Bella is my almost mid life crisis toy and realistically she's going to give me more back in terms of riding enhancement than Umr will. Plus the long haired General says I can't have 2 bikes and an MG Midget in the garage now that we have a little one (5 month old boy). And I have the 2010 RR Sport. ���� What about you?

Riding for 32 years (cough!), I've never owned a bike for more than 2 years as I'm like a kid in a sweet shop when it comes to bikes but I think that might change with my '15RR (had a '13RR before that) as I just love riding it whatever mood I'm in, on my own or two up, I've ridden the other current litre bikes which are all superb in their own way but none can do so many things so well like the S1000 can

Hi Andijoe, welcome to the forum. Glad you've decided the sthou is the one to keep. ;).

Hello mate welcome... good bit of chat there made me laugh... members with personality are always welcome on here

Thank you Soof and Stuart and yes, Stuart, I was reading your thread about exhausts before and noted that you too seem to have a dry sense of humour. :eek: On the note of exhausts (pun intended, he he) I've read that the 'rattle' on start up is more than likely the header balance pipe valve and was wondering is there something I can do to eliminate the rattle without spending a small fortune on a full system. I've looked at Dan Moto headers but would like to keep the CAT as it keeps Bella quiet for the all important track days that have really strict db limits, especially Snetterton. Or can I do something to the valve or cables. Or am I just worrying over nothing and the rattle is normal and nothing to worry about?

Thank you JimmyMac, so far Bella and I seemed to have hit it off well and I can foresee a long a happy life together. :stung:

Out of interest, can anybody answer my query regarding the balance pipe valve and rattle that seems to be emanating from there. It sounds like a cam chain adjuster before the pressure has built up.

Back