Newbie to BMW

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunks_uk

Reaction score
Just bought one of my dream bikes (HP4 Carbon) and joined your forum...Hi everyone! This will be by far the best bike I've ever owned and can't wait to get it on Tuesday. Any advice greatly received. Cheers!

Hi Jimmy, thanks for the welcome. I'm from Castle Donington, handy for track days, but not sure I'll be taking the HP4 on track!

Welcome to the forum Dunks and congratulations on your HP4 Carbon!

Advice, just ride it and enjoy buddy, the more miles the better, take it on track too [emoji16]

What do you think you'll use the HP4 for primarily, commuting, weekend blasts, occasional track day?

Enjoy the forum and may you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Last edited:
Welcome to the site, Ive just gone back to a HP4 first thing I did was to get the decat link pipe and a remap at hilltop, have to say it transforms the bike.

Hi Oli, thanks!!
I'd love to take it on track as that's where it's really going to shine, and where I can scratch the surface of what it can do. Primarily it's for weekend blasts and to admire...want to keep it immaculate but also enjoy.
can't wait to start acking up some miles on it. Thanks!

Hi ekdg and thanks...I'll look into the decat and map. Where is hilltop located? I'm in the east midlands. Thanks for the advice!

Welcome aboard, I've a carbon too...very pretty machine, it get's loads of comments wherever I take it...you will find the same I'm sure.

Stuart

Hi dunks, welcome to the hp4 inner circle lol, and welcome to the forum. Great bike, you can enjoy it on track without causing any damage, more so than equivalent riding on the road, it is a beast and likes to stretch its legs.

Good luck for tomorrow, the night before feeling is priceless.

is it here yet? is it here yet? is it here yet? :)

I bet your curtains havent stopped twitching all morning .. I'm assuming of course you're waiting for it being delivered, or are you picking it up from the shop?

Hi FreudianSlip and Jay. Still waiting, still curtain twitching! It's being delivered, coming all the way from Exeter to Castle Donington so hopefully won't be to long now!

Thanks guys, what a bike!! It's so easy to ride, amazing considering it's biased towards performance, and feels and looks so well put together. Absolutely love it, so pleased I went for it...absolutely over the moon with it :joyous:
Just adjusted rearsets a touch as I found the upshift tough (alpinestars boots don't help), wired in my optimate and sat nav leads and body panels all back on after a quick inspection underneath. Off for another ride when rush hour quietens down.
Had chance to look at the extras the previous owner fitted or included with the bike, they are;
-Ilmberger carbon rear hugger/chain guard (all in one), including bag for it. (?)
-Race shift lever with fittings in box
-R and G crash bungs
-Paddock stand bobbins
-Stomp grip pads
-GB Racing engine protection
-Rad guards
-Venture shield paint protection

I've also got every receipt since the bike was new, including original bill of sale (?19800 !!)
My serial number is 1959

Latest posts

Back