newbie from northwest uk

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay1000rr

Reaction score
Hi, my names Jamie,

been riding for for just over 10 years at the moment I have a 2006 cbr600rr and 2014 cbr1000rr. After very poor customer service from Honda I'm looking to change to the s1000rr or s1000r.

Gonna book a test ride on both soon

Hi Jamie. Welcome aboard.

I brought mine without ever having even tested one. My theory was how could so many people be that wrong? I wasn't even slightly disappointed! Applied the same theory when I moved to gsxr's too and thought they were good. The two are leagues apart mate, you'll be amazed.

Hi, my names Jamie,

been riding for for just over 10 years at the moment I have a 2006 cbr600rr and 2014 cbr1000rr. After very poor customer service from Honda I'm looking to change to the s1000rr or s1000r.

Gonna book a test ride on both soon

Hi jamie,

Dont bother with the s1000r :). It's less than the rr in every way, apples and pears.

Hi Jamie, welcome to the site. You won't be disappointed by the S1000R............. until you ride the RR.

Best of luck choosing, whatever suits you.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Hi Jamie, plenty of us on here came from Blades.
I never rode the BM before buying it but you won't be disappointed.
As someone on here said to me when I asked the same question as you,
"When the Blades on song, the RR is just clearing it's throat"
Brillliant :chuncky:

Welcome to the site
I'd never driven a s1000rr before buying
mine but like Ant said since 2010 they've been
getting amazing reviews
You won't be disappointed

Looks like I have bought one, left deposit subject to test ride. Third gen with all the toys. Got good price for blade

It's only about 20miles away, can't test today due to them having to safety check it, but can test any other time. Gonna go to work and put blade back to standard then that can go. I'm hoping for next week end all sorted and it's mine. My mrs is ready to drop so will have to fit the birth of my son in some where, she might have to hold him in for a few days lol

haha good luck with that....

the weather is supposed to be okay next weekend too, im planing to take a trip round the peaks, snake pass and the cat and fiddle if you get it and JayJunior1000rr still hasn't arrived and fancy coming?

Back