New tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gappo Mancini

Reaction score
Hey all, this has probably been asked a million times already but I'm changing tyres on my hp4. It has pirelli supercorsas on it and I'm gonna give them another go as I only had a couple of hundred miles on it with them but I want to keep a good sticky shoe on for the rest of the summer so supercorsas have been ordered. My question is what do ye guys use for a summer tyre and how do you find it. I've been a michelin man most of my biking life but gonna try the supercorsas even though they're like butter and silly expensive!!

Thanks, Gappo.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hey all, this has probably been asked a million times already but I'm changing tyres on my hp4. It has pirelli supercorsas on it and I'm gonna give them another go as I only had a couple of hundred miles on it with them but I want to keep a good sticky shoe on for the rest of the summer so supercorsas have been ordered. My question is what do ye guys use for a summer tyre and how do you find it. I've been a michelin man most of my biking life but gonna try the supercorsas even though they're like butter and silly expensive!!

Thanks, Gappo.
Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It depends what kind of riding you're doing, I've got M7RR's on mine which give a compliant ride, plenty of wet and dry grip are more than up to a track day and are wearing very well, plus just ?200 for a set. If I was doing regular track days I'd compromise all round capability and mileage and go for S/C's or K3's but as I'm not I'll be sticking to what I have.

Dont think you would be disappointed with any of the brands discussed on here...I also run 7rrs... excellent compound.. good balance of wear rate v grip

stuarts phone

Last edited:
When I had a HP 4 I had super corsa on which a great in dry but not so good in wet, I have a new s100rr which has Metzler M3 which are excellent but changing soon for a Trip to Spain to M7rr

Metzeler racetec 3 RR .... Absolutely superb but not brilliant when it persistently perspires downwards

Slick mode ... It's the new legal high !!

Yes they do it all and last a lot longer, hence their popularity, as said earlier Rosso 3's S21's, Conti attacks all do a similar job

Latest posts

Back