New to the s1000rr family

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new bike. Whereabouts are you based and what sort of riding do you do.

Welcome along. I maybe biased but the '17 is a great bike!

- Sent from Mobile

Welcome to the forum Royce and congratulations on your 17 RR!

Am very glad to hear that you are loving your bike, I can tell you that feeling you have now doesn't wear off! :)

As Soofsayer says where are you based and what sort of riding do you do? Tell us more :).

Enjoy the forum!

Oli

Hello all, thanks for the warm welcome, i live in northampton which has some great roads (Sywell road) my own TT!! 😆im looking forward to next week as the 9000rev limitor is removed this is when i will truly find out about the RR, whats all your thoughts on a replacement exhaust system ? As for my riding style i would like to think im quick but there is always someone faster😭😭😭

Welcome aboard pal....great chat and advice from the lads on here.

Stuart

Cheers Stuart, im going need lots of advice for the RR !! What an amazing bike, had the 9000rev limit removed last week and am blown away by the power.
Cheers Roy

Yea mate.. wind it up into the upper bracket and you really need to tuck in and hang on... I get most of my fun between 80 -130... (track of course..cough) seldom ride above that... the quality of the susp, slipper clutch and sometimes brakes come into their own... enjoy

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hello Oli, thanks for the welcome. My riding at the moment is on the roads, my previous bike was an R6 which i would do track days on, once get get used to the RR next year i will track it 😈 i live near silverstone and done gp track days on the 600 and got eaten alive on the straights so want some payback time!! What sort of riding do you do ?

Hello Oli, thanks for the welcome. My riding at the moment is on the roads, my previous bike was an R6 which i would do track days on, once get get used to the RR next year i will track it [emoji48] i live near silverstone and done gp track days on the 600 and got eaten alive on the straights so want some payback time!! What sort of riding do you do ?

I'm a road rider 99.9 % of the time (mixture of commuting and weekend blasts), although I do enjoy the, very occasional, track day :)
Would love to do more track days in future though!

R6's are great bikes, several on here have come from R6's and everyone raves about their sublime handling.
My RR was my first litre sportbike too, I had a Triumph Daytona 675 R before.
I am certain once you get fully acquainted with your SThou you'll have no regrets, on road or track! ;)
Only thing you won't like is how quickly rear tyres wear out lol!

Oli

Latest posts

Back