New sport 1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi All,
Went round a few dealers on sat to look at trading in my Gsxr1000 K5 for the new sport 1000rr but during the conversation when asking about the extras, I asked about the rear seat hump and was told that it came as standard with the new bike but you do not get a rear set and pegs with the sport and that these would cost around ?600.

The salesman said the way to do it was to buy the standard s1000 rr and spec it up to the sport equivalent as you get the seat and rear foot pegs as standard on the standard model. They also couldn't tell me if it had the ABS pro facility as is available on the HP4, just that it had race ABS??

As a new member I can see that you are all talking about residual values of your older bikes - have any of you purchased using the bmw finance and bubble as they told me that they give you a guaranteed valuation at the end of the term. Is that what you are all finding?

Cheers

Dean

Hi

Knew to the forum, couldn't find out how to edit my post. Meant to say rear "seat" and pegs not "set".

cheers

Dean

I'm getting the sport which comes with pillion seat cover. I've also ordered DTC pro and forged wheels. Trading in a K8 GSXR1000

Ye that's what I am looking at but has no rear seat, my Mrs only goes on a few times a year and to the TT and MGP but told I will have to pay ?600 to get them.
Did you ask about the AbsPro? As they could not tell me about that but only it has race Abs so I wondered if that what they had called it now But Abspro only works in rain and road mode on the HP4 not race or slick as is a road aid, I have spoke to 5 deals now and none can tell me about Abspro and one said he had never heard of it.
Dean

you could get a pillion seat and pegs on ebay for less than ?100 for the lot

Ye that's what I am looking at but has no rear seat, my Mrs only goes on a few times a year and to the TT and MGP but told I will have to pay ?600 to get them.
Did you ask about the AbsPro? As they could not tell me about that but only it has race Abs so I wondered if that what they had called it now But Abspro only works in rain and road mode on the HP4 not race or slick as is a road aid, I have spoke to 5 deals now and none can tell me about Abspro and one said he had never heard of it.
Dean
With the sport you get DDC (Dynamic Damping Control). Gear shift assist and a few other toys. I've also ordered DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) with rider modes pro and mag wheels. Don't want ABS but I've got to have it...

The prob is they don't come on the sport which most people will buy, so people will not buy for ?600 and sell for ?100
The only way is if earlier model fit as there on evil bay.
Dean

i think the rear seat pad and the rear pegs may fit from the older model where are you based a member on here may let you see if theirs fit? i would i am based in Hampshire

i think the rear seat pad and the rear pegs may fit from the older model where are you based a member on here may let you see if theirs fit? i would i am based in Hampshire

Thanks very much,
Up in the north west but will let the dealers try that for me as part of there salesmanship.

Dean

Dean

Hi Dean,

ABS Pro is the software mod on the HP4 in rain and sport mode to help with traction if you are braking heavily when tipped over into a corner, which isn't a good idea in the first place. Race ABS is the ABS system on the bike and is standard. ABS Pro only became available for the HP4 a few months ago, so I am not surprised the dealers are clueless. So you should be asking if the ABS Pro software upgrade is already on the new sthou, or if it is an option. Personally I wouldn't worry about it, it is a nice thing to add to the bike but isn't a big deal, and it is a few hundred quid for a software upgrade.

The passenger seat and pillion pegs are the 'Pillion pack' option, which I cant see on the bmw website as an option so I understand your frustration. In 2013 I ordered that option with my HP4 and it was ?260 incl VAT on the delivery / order invoice. For ?600 they should throw in a honey to keep the seat warm for you. The pillion pack will have a BMW part number when they get round to putting it in the system so you would be able to order it retrospectively if you wanted - I would have thought the dealers would be able to access it now? I don't know about the 2012 kit fitting the 2015 bike, I doubt it but stranger things have happened.

Last edited:
Hi Dean,

ABS Pro is the software mod on the HP4 in rain and sport mode to help with traction if you are braking heavily when tipped over into a corner, which isn't a good idea in the first place. Race ABS is the ABS system on the bike and is standard. ABS Pro only became available for the HP4 a few months ago, so I am not surprised the dealers are clueless. So you should be asking if the ABS Pro software upgrade is already on the new sthou, or if it is an option. Personally I wouldn't worry about it, it is a nice thing to add to the bike but isn't a big deal, and it is a few hundred quid for a software upgrade.

The passenger seat and pillion pegs are the 'Pillion pack' option, which I cant see on the bmw website as an option so I understand your frustration. In 2013 I ordered that option with my HP4 and it was ?260 incl VAT on the delivery / order invoice. For ?600 they should throw in a honey to keep the seat warm for you. The pillion pack will have a BMW part number when they get round to putting it in the system so you would be able to order it retrospectively if you wanted - I would have thought the dealers would be able to access it now? I don't know about the 2012 kit fitting the 2015 bike, I doubt it but stranger things have happened.

HI
Thanks for the reply, I have had a few of the northern deals on the phone today and I think I have got some sence at last on the seat and can have it in the Deal at no cost so must be getting lost in the trade in or there mark up and its at coat to them with no mark up or vat I guess. they told me the pad is not so dear but the pegs where and older stuff will not fit.

On the the Abspro I will ask them as when I spoke to them he said was the same software as on the HP4 so might be another option?

So looks like will be getting a black sport with DTC and getting on 1st of March as want a new 15reg. Will miss the old GSXR but looking forward to the electronics.

Dean

IT was ?3500 before the seat thing so may have allowed more for it, its a black one with 11200miles and I have to put all the standard stuff back on it.

Dealer is telling me if you buy the standard RR and then want the DTC it won't be possible to retro fit it. Phew, good job I ordered the Sport then

Dealer is telling me if you buy the standard RR and then want the DTC it won't be possible to retro fit it. Phew, good job I ordered the Sport then

What colour did you get and when do you get it?

I had the same conversation when I ordered my '15 Sport model. No pillion seat or pegs but also no option prices yet for them.

Also I am really keen on ABS Pro- they couldn't tell me if it will be an upgrade option or not- to be fair the HP4 has a Bosch ABS system and the '15 model has a system designed by Continental, but if you've got a Sport, you've got DDC and all the necessary yaw/angle sensor and accelerometers anyway, so I suspect it's just a matter of waiting for them to write the new code. Fingers crossed.

I'm an ABS convert, really can't see the point of NOT having ABS for the road. It doesn't remove skill in any way- the skill in not letting the ABS kick in is the same as the skill of not letting the front lock up on a non-ABS equipped bike. Only the consequences change. I've never had the ABS kick in on my VFR, but I know it's there for the day I ride like a numpty and end up needing it

Also ABS Pro isn't just about avoiding locking a wheel, it's about not letting the bike stand up on the brakes in a corner. Having had one very near miss crossing the white line in a left hander and missing an oncoming car by inches (I'm man enough to admit it was my fault and I was riding like a tool) I think this will reduce open-road accidents significantly. Testers of the current Bosch system say the system allows you to brake to the maximum possible capability of the tyres without widening your line, to the extent that the bike will stop while cranked over and literally fall inwards. I think that's impressive, and again it'd be nice to know that the system is there to take over when I come over all human!

I had the same conversation when I ordered my '15 Sport model. No pillion seat or pegs but also no option prices yet for them.

Also I am really keen on ABS Pro- they couldn't tell me if it will be an upgrade option or not- to be fair the HP4 has a Bosch ABS system and the '15 model has a system designed by Continental, but if you've got a Sport, you've got DDC and all the necessary yaw/angle sensor and accelerometers anyway, so I suspect it's just a matter of waiting for them to write the new code. Fingers crossed.

I'm an ABS convert, really can't see the point of NOT having ABS for the road. It doesn't remove skill in any way- the skill in not letting the ABS kick in is the same as the skill of not letting the front lock up on a non-ABS equipped bike. Only the consequences change. I've never had the ABS kick in on my VFR, but I know it's there for the day I ride like a numpty and end up needing it

Also ABS Pro isn't just about avoiding locking a wheel, it's about not letting the bike stand up on the brakes in a corner. Having had one very near miss crossing the white line in a left hander and missing an oncoming car by inches (I'm man enough to admit it was my fault and I was riding like a tool) I think this will reduce open-road accidents significantly. Testers of the current Bosch system say the system allows you to brake to the maximum possible capability of the tyres without widening your line, to the extent that the bike will stop while cranked over and literally fall inwards. I think that's impressive, and again it'd be nice to know that the system is there to take over when I come over all human!

HI flymo,
I am of the same opinion as you the only reason I want to change now is that I have had my K5 from new and think that bmw tec has moved on in all areas so is better than me, it might not ever get used but at 46 is nice to know its there like a get out of jail card. I don't do track days but am guilty of some times using the road as a race track and the going to the IOM a few times a year and having a good blast over the mountain.
I am also not a believer in buying and turning of all the aides because in the really world I might as well keep my K5 as there is no speed dif in any 1000 from the past 10years.

I am a bit of a convert to ABS after taking a 2010 RR out for a test ride and riding it like I stole it with my mrs on the back, after the salesman basically said it was uncrashable. My mrs made a comment when we were a MOTOGP in Spain and Randi Mamola went past on the two seater Ducatti with the pillion about 2ft in the air under breaking and saying that's what it's like on the back of your GSXR. That's why I replied I hold on to the handlebars and don't sit on the back, so on the test run I thought I would give it a good old break check. Told Claire to hold on as I was going to nail it to about 140mph (on a closed road, obviously) and then grabbed the front brake as brutally as I could and the thing just stopped with no dramas at all, no fishtailing or anything and you could feel it putting the back brake on as well and it just stopped. Claire said she didn't even feel her arse come off the seat. On that level I would say it had to be a plus for the road. Maybe not for the racetrack but as I say I don't do trackdays. It would be nice if it had to the ABS Pro facility and I guess we will find out after the launch a week on Saturday.

Dean

Latest posts

Back