New S1000RR Rider

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dommoly

Reaction score
Good morning chaps,

new S1000RR owner here - I picked up my black and red 2016 model last week. Currently counting down the miles until the 9k limiter is removed on Friday but so far loving the BM experience (and toys!). Based in North London and commute in to the city most days.

Welcome to the club!
Do we call you Dom?

What were you riding before the BM, what brought you to it?

Welcome to the club!
Do we call you Dom?

What were you riding before the BM, what brought you to it?

Dom is fine mate.

I had a 2012 ZX10R before the BM. Was time for a change and as my last 3 bikes were Kwaks I thought I'd shake things up a bit and go for a different marque. Only contenders were the S1000RR and an R1 - tested them both but preferred the Beemer as a "do everything" bike. R1 is a riot but it would get on my tits riding through stationary city traffic on a rainy Tuesday morning!

Doing Silverstone next week and looking forward to throwing it around a big, fast circuit. ZX10R was no slouch but even with the limiter this thing feels like a monster :eek:illeak:

Hi Dom, welcome to the site. Do yourself a favour and get your new beast out into the countryside, keep it away from the hot traffic jams. It'll love you for it and you'll be smiling for ages.

Enjoy your new toy.

JimmyMac

All run in and ready for Silverstone tomorrow!

y3m-9_sJHM975GeUmMrF9llB8Pb4aDcuFdryvvdjVnRR0DVxUp6dqjU9yhimnrNEgVFWrEHcU-h54TbZVzz9mt-ElWU06CJP26UwuG5yxLE7rgng2titV5J6Buln-QXlP1PHLth_DEbUjUXA3uybBkUtBUrkULWUnOaiV2agBDle_4

Hi Dom.. welcome to the forum, nice looking bike, its a pretty beast and that colour scheme works well. So are you going to trick her up a wee bit ? Enjoy the bike and forum.

Cheers

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Welcome Dom, I do like the red & black scheme, agree with your views on the RR and R1, have a great day at Silverstone

Latest posts

Back