New person

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Civhead

Reaction score
Hi all been looking in here for a while now and found it invaluable. I am on my second S1k (1st acid green 2010, current black 2013) now looking for a 2015/16

Been riding bikes since 2001, 1st Suzuki 125 to a GPz 750turbo to zzr1100's fireblades, blackbird, more blades, Yamha R1, abs blade. Then the Sk1

Have done a few off shore trips, TT, Le Mans , Assen , Nurburgring etc.
TT is best, keep coming back to it, it's just booking that bloody ferry during race week!

cheers
Mark

Welcome mate, you won't look back if you get a gen3, absolutely superb but I'm most impressed that you once owned a GPz750 turbo!

Cheers for that. The turbo was a right handful/scary until some kind person pointed out the rear swingarm was sized up

You certainly learned your trade the hard way riding early '80's superbikes, I had a GPZ900 back in the day - 160mph performance going through a 130 rear crossply tyre!

Hi mark, welcome to the forum, glad you have found it useful :). Good luck with your bike search.

Hi Mark
Welcome along
I've an 11 so
I'd be interested in your thoughts on the first generation compared to the second.

Hi Mark
Welcome along
I've an 11 so
I'd be interested in your thoughts on the first generation compared to the second.

Thanks for the welcome.

Not a massive difference, if I remember correctly (it's been 2 years). But a few nice improvements, lighter quicker throttle , smoother power delivery, some software adjustments for the abs & traction control.
Hope this helps. Are you thinking of changing your 11?

Hi Mark... welcome I' m with mac on the 750 turbo.. toothpick forks, monster power with just above shopping trolley handling, I came thru the 80s with large capacity superbikes too... another era mate... not sure what the principal advancement would be classed as either tyres.. susp..engine..brakes...frames. guess its all eachy peachy.. enjoy the forum

stuarts phone

Last edited:
Hi Mark... welcome I' m with mac on the 750 turbo.. toothpick forks, monster power with just above shopping trolley handling, I came thru the 80s with large capacity superbikes too... another era mate... not sure what the principal advancement would be classed as either tyres.. susp..engine..brakes...frames. guess its all eachy peachy.. enjoy the forum

stuarts phone

Ah those were the days.....wish I still had the turbo..........open the throttle, then watch the boost gauge on the tank, then look up......holly sh#t

Latest posts

Back