New owner of a 2013 RR sport and loving it!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellhands

Reaction score
hi all. I'm pleased to be a member of this forum now and hope to find out some answers to questions I have re exhausts but in the meantime hope to meet some like minded folk and broaden my biking horizon with all things RR.i live down on the sunny south coast and have been biking for 15 years. I bought a 2013 rr sport a week ago so anything interesting to know about these models would be welcome. Looking forward to meeting members.

Hi Bellhands, welcome to the site. You'll find all the info on here from a lot of knowledgable folks, for both road set ups to track advice.

Enjoy your new toy.

JimmyMac

Welcome to the forum Bellhands, you've made the right choice going with an RR, what did you have before? I owned a '13RR, best thing I did to mine was get the suspension properly set up, really sharpened the front end from the std settings.

Welcome aboard. Where on the south coast are you?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum.... I took a run to the coast yesterday..... Ended up in St Leonards on Sea.... and back home up the A21 to Surrey..
bike_chips.jpeg

(another contender for pic of the month... hint hint)

Thanks Jimmy Mac. I hope to find out how best to upgrade exhaust for just fast road use really. I've spoken to c w motorcycles in Dorchester and am thinking of akropovic headers with a end can also prob akra. Uses the o2 sensors so no need for pcv.
What do you ride?

I have a HP4 Carbon with standard full titanium Akra which has been decatted, it makes a beautiful tune. It is a 2013 too so you might have a chance of picking one up second had which would fit right on. Seen them on eBay a few times.

JimmyMac

Hi bellhands. Welcome to the forum. An akra full system as Jimmy suggests would be a great move and as a fellow hp4 owner I am bias, however there are several options available. Enjoy your shopping :).

Hello Rob. You're just down the road from me then as I'm in Fordingbridge. Yes I'd like a ride out sometime. I'll message you on here to arrange. If you like my number is 07799367758.
All the best...

Thanks Mac. Yes I'd thought having suspension set up for me would be a good move. I had a worx k9 gsxr 1000. It had a full akra system and pcv. Loved it but wanted a rr for a while so got a good offer on the gsxr and bought my dream! Just considering exhausts at mo. Thinking full akra... Regards.

Hi thanks yes I'm thinking full akra with stainless headers and 02 sensor cut outs so need for remapping. What do you reckon?
Any advice appreciated.
Many thanks!

Back