New member.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JN65

Reaction score
Hi

New member to the forum but not new to the s1000rr.
I'm on my second s1000rr, had a gen 2 but changed to 2016 bike last year.
Have done more miles on track than road with this bike, loving it.
Will post a photo when I have permission.

Cheers.

Welcome JN65. I am AH79. :)

Thanks for signing up and joining us. Do you mainly do UK or Euro days?

We try to keep a track of those of us attending the Euro days here

Hi AH79.

Only done UK days so far. James Whitham day at Anglesey was the last one. (Highly recommended).
We have been looking at Euro days though (my other half has a trackday R6), they seem better value regarding track time and weather.
Do you run a gen 3 bike on track?

It's my only bike so yes I run my '17 on track.

I want an R6 13S for a track day tool though, really enjoyed the one I used on Andalucia when i had to rent from Focused Events. Some of the best track time I've ever had. When/if I ever have a spare 5k that's where it's going. Overtaking litre bikes on a 600 is certainly has a feel good factor! I'd be less worried about dropping it too.

Indeed, Kate rides an 02 R6 and it bounces very well.:tennis:
Quick question about the gen 3 s1000rr.
What mileage do you get from a full tank on track?
Mine is awful,(approx 70 miles till the light comes on)not bothered about it, just want to check its normal.
The bike runs fine otherwise.
I have posted a question on the subject in the garage but no replies yet.

Welcome to the forum JN65!

Glad you're enjoying your Gen 3 RR, hope you have many happy road and track miles ahead of you :).

Enjoy the forum!

Oli

Hi, welcome to the forum:).

On the question of fuel, most get 3 x 20 minute sessions and it's getting to fill up time, so around 70 miles is probably thereabouts. Of course it depends on how high up the rev range you are running.

Back