S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabbsbmw

Reaction score
Hi every body new on here I am on my second s1000 first 1 was a 2013 and now I've got a 2016 I've just run that in and I've booked myself for 5 days on track in Spain the last time I was on track was 2013 and that was the only 1 I've done so I'll looking for lot of advice for me and the bike thanks Alan

Hello and welcome
There's loads of track day regulars here that I'm sure will point you in the right direction ( not me though )
How does the 16 compare to your old 13 ?

Being a bigger person the bike seems physically bigger there's still some vibration in the bars on the 16 which is annoying as for power I only had the 600 mile yesterday so I've not really had a chance to open the taps on it

Are you saying the 2016 feels bigger ?
I'm 6'4" and a little concerned I'll find the S1krr comfortable enough.
i'm having a test ride on a 2016 next week.

The gen3 has a roomier riding position than the earlier models although the pegs are high, fitting adjustable rearsets helps a bit with is. I'm 6ft and find the RR fine for comfort, much more spacious than the latest ZX10, better than the R1 and similar to the 1299, overall its the most comfortable and practical of the latest sports bikes. I don't get any vibes through the bars on mine, although the '13RR I previously owned was bad for this, heavier bar end weights help wth this and can be bought from a member on here.

That's good to know, I was considering a gen2 but might find the extra wonga and go for a gen 3

All I can say is I've owned lots of gsxr 1000s and a 2013 s1000rr this gen 3 is lovely bike to ride on the road and I am looking forward to 5 days in Almeria in November

Latest posts

Back