S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryC

Reaction score
Hi guys
i am thinking about buying a hp4 carbon and would like to know any special points to look for. Also what are they like for pillions and how much is the pillion package.

Hi Gary welcome to the site,

The HP4C is as solid as the '13/'14 plates with extra shiny bits and added attention to detail. May sure the electrics work fully, switchgear etc. Make sure you've got all the add-ons Exhaust, levers, rearsets.

Welcome Gary, re pillions I dont know if you can still buy the HP4 packs but the pillion footrests for 2012 onwards RR's are all the same, you'll need the correct BMW exhaust mounting bracket for the HP4 Akra can and pillion seats are also interchangeable on all models.
When I owned a '13RR I fitted an S1000R comfort pillion seat as its flat (same as the one fitted to the gen3 bikes) and much more comfortable than the humped version that normally comes with the gen 1 & 2 bikes. Good idea to fit a grab rail too as its precarious and no fun for rider and passenger without (Renntec make them), if your pillion is short like my Mrs (5'3") then its possible to ride all day in relative comfort and at a reasonable pace.

Last edited:
Thanks for information regarding pillion and buying tips. The bikes that I have enquired about so far seem to have had some track use. I suppose this is to be expected but should it put me off buying them?

Hi Gary welcome...ive an HP4 with rear pegs, seat and grab rail.. the HP4 on Renteccs website is mine. how do you know they have had track use btw ?

Stuart

stuarts phone

Many of us on here ride our bikes on track to a lesser or greater extent so its not unusual to find that at all and the bike is designed to do it, so a bike thats done a few track days is absolutely fine, if its been used as a dedicated track bike that's a bit different and you'd need to proceed with more caution. As always you have to be critical of a secondhand bikes condition, service history, type of owner if its a private purchase, HPI check etc. Some very smart HP4's around and they hold their value very well, take your time finding a good one. You'll get plenty of advice on here and maybe even the offer of a bike or whereabouts of a decent one.

Hi Gary, Welcome to the site, you won't go wrong with a HP4 carbon. Had mine from new and have racked up 14.5k blissful miles. Only thing I would look for is that it is a genuine HP4 Carbon and not a standard one with carbon additions and painted wheels. This has been done by some garages to get a better price.

JimmyMac

Back