S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTC

Reaction score
Hey,

Just joined and on the brink of chopping in my GSXR750 for an S1000.......... just got to get the permission of my Domestic Manager... any tips? :shame:

Cheers!

Any tips? Yep.... get one, ride it and then struggle trying to stop smilling :)

Welcome to the forum by the way, enjoy!

Last edited:
welcome aboard
my tip would be to tell her it was cheaper than it used to be as it is on offer.......................thats all the criteria my fuckin mrs needs anyway ;)
enjoy the bike , and always beg for forgiveness , rather than ask for permission

My only tip is don't take no for an answer of the wife ;-) you'll love it

Thanks for the advice, I'm working on it believe me. Got a test ride Saturday (weather permitting) so will post up my thoughts on the bike then...... anyone want a gsxr750 by the way..... ? :smug:

So I've had a test ride ....... and being aware that I'm on an S1000 forum I'll be careful with my words but....... I wasn't that impressed :numbness:
It was asthmatic in rain, ok in sport and seriously powerful in race - as expected it pulled and pulled, and stopped very well that I'm impressed with, please don't think I'm trying to be a 'Rossi' and say it was below my needs! BUT.....
It felt more vague at the front than a politician's answers and the quickshifter has left me with a sore foot it was that hard to move.
Not gonna give up on it yet though as with all the hype I realises that I probably just got the Friday afternoon demo bike (and it had Bridgestones on which IMO are no better than shopping trolley tyres!). Will book a ride with a different Dealer and hope my 2nd experience is the one to show the S1000 in it's best light.
For the time being it's back to the 750 which feels so planted by comparison.

I'm using Bridgestones S20's and I agree they are awful on the S1000 especially in wet.

Vague at the front, well no demo bikes handling is going to be any good, unless the dealer spends 10 minutes with you before you go out and sets up the suspension. But even after that I will say the front shocks aren't very good and need a new cartridge kit or at very least, respring, revalve and heavy oil to help damping.

Quickshift should really only be used in higher revs, but mine took awhile to "bed" in and become easy to use.

Not trying to persuade you this bike is the dogs gollies because it does have its faults.

I rode it on familiar routes around Surrey/Middx area, I've never liked Bridgestones on sports bikes - a shame to hear that the forks are maybe not what they should be, obviously suspension is so individual and we will all have our preferences so I'll give it another go and see.

It may not be for you? These bikes have a love hate relationship. But I've ridden a lot of motorcycles in my years and the Beemer is freaking awesome. Never had any issue with mine only paint. And the dealer replaced all parts. Quick shifter missed for the first few hundred but now it's smooth. As for "Rain" it's not worth using that mode lol Even in the rain you may as well pop it in "Sport" which is great. I mostly leave mine in "Race" and the odd occasion I stick it in "Slick" she likes it that way...oh oh the bike that is ;)
Anyway give it time and don't tell the wife the price of anything! Even parts! I tell mine it's all about safety. Had her fooled with the carbon as well ;)
Enjoy and don't always listen what others say especially me :)
Welcome aboard!

Latest posts

Back