New member intro

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgeback

Reaction score
Completing registration formalities with my welcome note.

I was referred to the forum by bananaman after meeting at a recent Focused Events trip to Almeria. Was my first ever track event having only passed my test in May. Been through the 4 levels with California Superbike School which was fantastic and now completely bitten with the biking bug.

Almeria was terrific. Went with my wife, not knowing a soul and we both found the atmosphere very welcoming and everyone keen to help and support. Managed to get down to one fifty three lap by morning of third day before running out of talent. Went out on new cold tyres in second morning session in group three and made a mistake trying to stay off racing line out of consideration for the faster riders on scrubbed in rubber. Stupid rookie mistake as I didn't know I could have went down a group or two to scrub tyres in. Anyway, I ended up clattering the tyre wall after cartwheeling out of turn two and taken to hospital.

hospital X-rays showed no broken bones so sent away in tremendous pain. Went to minor injuries when I got home due to the pain and turns out I've ruptured tendons in shoulder and likely surgery, find out for sure Monday.

Hasnt put me off, far from it. Met some lovely folk that I hope to meet again at future track days and can't wait to get fit again and back on the bike.

i will no doubt be asking questions and seeking advice when the bike returned and I find out the extent of the damage.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Sorry to read about your crash, glad to see it has not put you off.

Welcome to the forum!

That?s some first year on two wheels you?ve had, what with completing CSS and a Euro Track event!
Am glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Almeria despite the crash.

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I wish you a full and speedy recovery so you can get back to enjoying life on two wheels ASAP :)

Oli

Hi Ridgeback, welcome to the site and I hope your recovery goes well, loads of track riders here to help you.

JimmyMac

1:53 first time there? Christ on a bike...

/goes to off to sell the RR

Maybe there's something to this CSS tutoring...

Welcome along - sorry to hear you ended up getting beaten up. In future don't change your lines. If you're consistent faster folks will find a way passed, especially if you don't gas it out the corners too hard.

Thanks Alex. It was such a stupid mistake and your advice is so obvious, and others told me that afterwards. Rookie mistake but valuable lessons learned and will never happen again. Can't speak highly enough about my experience with CSS and yes, it's been an awesome year. Wish I'd started years ago rather than waiting until my forties

Thanks Oli. Been an awesome first year and can't wait to get healthy again for further progress

Welcome to the forum ridgeback. Having kissed the tarmac in spain a couple of times i know its not a nice feeling. The spanish hospitals i found wernt too bad mind. Bikes can be fixed so first things first get yourself fixed up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hello mate
Hope your recovery is going well, we where sharing the same garage as you, 2x s1000rr and 2 2017 gsxr
It could of been a lot worse considering the corner/speed of crash, bike took it well đź‘Ť

Latest posts

Back