new leathers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rst are brilliant and I see Oxford have brung out a new 1 piece aswell

+1 RST, great leathers at a good price. ?400 should get you Tracktek Evo 2 piece.

I found that the Spidi thigh length was shorter than the RST and would have caused more knee pressure. RST for longer thighs/weak knees lol.
I think Held are a great idea but I didn't think they had anything in the ballpark.

Looking at the tracktec evo 2 rst leathers regarding size how do these fit I'm a 42 some of the reviews on the site selling them suggest going up a size for a good fit also do they stretch a lot with time or not.

They should be a proper squeeze at first. Then they give a bit and fit better. I managed to get in a 40, when my Dainese Alien was a 42. So, no, I don't think you have to go up a size. I think you just have to deal with the first few uses being a ridiculously tight. If you're carrying a lot round the middle (I'm 5'11 and 7kgs too heavy so have a bit of an overhang of stomach) going up a size might be necessary.

Agree the first few times they are TIGHT!!!!
i had made to measure one done and they are more comfortable after using them a few times, if you buy them too loose they will become useless

Looking at the tracktec evo 2 rst leathers regarding size how do these fit I'm a 42 some of the reviews on the site selling them suggest going up a size for a good fit also do they stretch a lot with time or not.

Whatever you do decide, go try some on somewhere first, don't buy otherwise. Different brands fit differently. You should feel like robocop without the WD40 with a proper fitting set of leathers on. If they are loose and you have an off they will ripple and cause you serious damage, the aim is for them to fit like a second skin and slide along. After a few uses leathers shouldn't stretch, I think people get a little misled by that idea. After a few uses the leather softens up and becomes more malleable, which makes the fit better.

Cheer's I'm pretty much the same just over 5'11 around 13st with a bit of over hang so will stick with the 42 just measured my chest and it was 43 so with a bit of give they should be fine.

1 or 2 Piece?

My RST Track Tech Evo 1-piece suit is pretty good.
+1 ....I've just bought the RST TracTech Evo 2-piece...great quality and cost me just over ?400. I tried on some of the posher brands (Alpine Stars, Dianese etc) but the RST actually fitted me better (Im 6'1" 80kg) and the quality seems just as good. Highly recommended, but maybe you should try a few options before buying?! ;)

megamotorcyclestore.co.uk are doing RST pro series CPX-C 1 peice suits, i am gutted to see them on for ?370 because i paid full pelt last year!!!
Great leathers at an amazing price.

hope that helps

Back